Friday, July 5, 2013

Duke's Grill

I forgot to tell you all about our hot date on Sunday!  Kevin randomly said around 1:00pm, "wanna go get a fun lunch?"  I said, "Sure!"  I had no idea what I was in for.

He took me to Duke's Grill in Monroe, North Carolina.  It's been around for 50+ years and is truly an establishment to see.  The Ten Commandments and the Lords Prayer is posted in there, the original menu is still posted on the wall and there are signs that say mobile devices including nextels are not to be used inside.  Cracked me up!

Oh my y'all, an experience of a lifetime.  I was the thin-est person in there and I ain't small!

And this goodness is why!  See how much grease is on those burgers.  But let me tell you all, probably the best burger I've had.  You know when they're handmade patties.  Yummm.  

And why on earth would you go to such a place and not order sweet tea?!  I don't ever get tea because of the sugar and calories but you better believe I got some here.  They have that shaved ice too.  Unreal.

Highly recommend you locals go here when you need some extra calories or just some down home southern cooking!!!

5 comments:

  1. My grandparents live in Monroe and I have had Dukes quite a few times. I LOVE it. But you're right, lots of grease and there is definitely a limit to how much I can I eat. Glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we may need to take a Saturday field trip here....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We aren't too far from Monroe - I'll have to try this!! Next time, go by D-Moe's in Indian Traill. They have awesome shakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, I'll have to try that spot. Have you ever been to Mr K's?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum the food looks amazing and I love your scalloped shorts!

    ReplyDelete