Friday, July 1, 2011

Running Shorts and Dinner last night

Since I haven't bought running shorts since high school when I was going to camps for sports, I figured it was time to invest.  My shorts were in rough shape.  I had even taken some to my alteration shop to get fixed, that's how much I loved them.  Ya know, it's hard to find good running shorts!

I went over to Dicks Sporting Goods at lunch one day and tried on a ton of different options.  I hated the short Nike ones that are the usual running ones.  They were wayyy too short on my big legs. 

Anyway, I ended up with the Adidas 3" Climalite shorts.  I really have enjoyed them this week.  They are cool, don't stick to you and dry out really quickly.  Best part is that I got them for $11!  As yall know, that is a bargain....some shorts are close to $40!  What running shorts do you wear?

Last night we didn't have much time for dinner and wanted to sort of clean out what we had in my fridge before we left for the long weekend.  This is what we ended up with - a pretty summer meal!  Corn, fresh tomato with (a lil) salt and pepper and stuffed peppers.  Stuffed peppers are easy because you can literally throw anything in them.  We used some ground beef & onions (both saute'd), tomato sauce, garlic and some seasonings.  Pop them in the oven and cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

I tried out a new workout class last night from a Living Social deal I bought.  Let's just say this - Contemporary Dance is much different from Hip Hop Dance.  I didn't know haha!  I didn't grow up dancing or anything so I looked like a complete idiot in there doing ballet moves.  They told us to take our shoes off before the class and I was like, seriously?!  That's when I knew something wasn't right!  Anyway, it was fine, there were only 4 of us and everyone was super nice.  I wouldn't call it a real workout but it was fun to get out and do something different. 


And we're off to Hilton Head for the weekend!  What are yall's plans?

14 comments:

  1. Stuffed peppers is one of my go to meals but we haven't done them in a while. Easy and good.
    Running shorts -- I'm not a runner but a walker but I prefer Nike. I always get them bigger than what I should though because I don't like things 'sticking' on my legs.
    The workout sounds fun. I use to do yoga all the time and need to get back into it.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the pink and green combo...have a wonderful holiday weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't run, so no shorts needed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dinner looks absolutely delish! I bought running shorts but they arent long enough my thunder thighs rub together ARGH!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That summer meal looks delicious!

    Too funny about the contemporary class! Yes, contemporary is very ballet-like. It can be tough! I love it though :) I'm sure you did great!!

    Have a great time in HH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok i don't like peppers, but those look amazing!! super cute shorts too!! have the best time in HH!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I danced growing up but didn't do any contemporary until college.... thought it was a little strange haha.
    Have fun in Hilton Head!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink and green shorts are perfection! Enjoy Hilton Head and have a great Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the pink & green shorts! i tend to get mine from target or tj maxx as they are much cheaper than going to a sporting goods store!

    hope you have a good weekend at hilton head!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM!! I love stuffed bellpeppers! I can't even throw a meal together like that. Ugh. I'm the worst cook ever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those shorts are CUTE! Love the colors! :) Have fun in Hilton Head.. I'm in Wilmington for the fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stuffed peppers are AMAZING! I love coming up with different food combos to stuff them with! Have a wonderful 4th in Hilton Head!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Nike tempo shorts! Hope you've had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete