Tuesday, July 5, 2011

We're ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!

We (obviously) had an amazing weekend down in Hilton Head Island, SC.  It was the perfect!!!!  We beached it all day on Saturday and went to lots of places that evening.

On Sunday, Kevin surprised me with switching hotels to the amazing Inn at Harbour Town.  It is a fantastic place!  We went to Salty Dog for lunch then rode bikes all over the Sea Pines area for a few hours that afternoon.

But that night, he had even bigger plans!  He wouldn't tell me anything about the evening other than to be ready by 6pm.  Kevin had made some major plans!  They took us to dinner (was supposed to be in a golf cart but someone took it at the last minute) in their van to a restaurant called CQ's.  It was seriously probably the best food we've ever had.  It was outstanding from top to bottom - atmosphere and service too!  Kevin had Wahoo which was a special that night and they only had a few pieces of it so our waiter reserved it for him immediately.  I had the tuna over edamame hummus.   

Oh fun fact - over dinner I told Kevin that it had been the most perfect day and the only thing that would have made it better was to get engaged.  :)  If I only knew...

After dinner, the restaurant called the hotel and asked them to come pick us up.  She took us to the Beach Club at Sea Pines.  Kevin had planned all of this out without me knowing a thing - crazy!  We had a drink at the beach bar and then Kevin asked if we could walk out to the beach again that night. 

So we walked out there and it was the perfect night.  It was clear and you could see every star in the sky.  There were fire works going off  on both ends of the beach (even though it was only Sunday, July 3rd).  Amazing.  We walked down the beach and it was pretty dark out there.  Kevin walked ahead and then turned around to me and said, "well to be on the beach wasn't the only reason we came out here."  And with that I see a little black pouch and then I'm blinded by a DIAMOND!  Yall, at this point, I was screaming and crying and everything!!!  He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!  I yelled, "I love you, yes!!!!"  And I was hyperventilating and going crazy and was completely shocked.  Actually I think before I said yes, I may have asked him if he had asked my Dad.  Haha, even though I knew he would.   

I was so shocked because I didn't think he had asked them yet!  They are coming down from Maryland in a few weeks and I thought he was going to ask then.  He had talked to my parents over Easter and they've all been keeping this a secret for over two months!!!!!!!! 

Check out the bling!  This picture does not do it one bit of justice.  It is gorgeous and OMG, it's humongo!!!  I was going crazy, I can't believe he went all out like this!  It's a round diamond, gold band and 6 platinum prongs (stronger).  Classic and timeless!

We called our parents and families and walked back up to the bar.  Everyone in the bar went crazy congratulating us!  They bought us shots, we took pictures with everyone there, some guys picked me up because they said this is the last time anyone could do that (it was funny - they asked Kevin first)!  Ahh, it was a blast!  Our girl from the hotel came at 11pm and took us back to the Inn.

In the room, they had champagne on ice and chocolate covered strawberries!  We popped the cork open and had some champagne on our balcony while still calling more friends! 

It was the BEST night ever and we are over the moon excited!!!!
The next morning we got on the road and headed to Kevin's parents house where they cooked out and we all celebrated!!!  We came home to the Avenue and went to the 10th floor to watch fireworks with our neighbors and tell them our good news!  What an amazing few days!!!!

Some special things...

Kevin had the ring shipped directly to the Inn at Harbour Town.  They had it for almost a week in their vault so he went downstairs and got it when I was in the shower.  Sneaky! 

July 3rd which is the day we got engaged is the same day Kevin's brother got engaged a few years ago.  Harbour Town is where my brother and Emily got engaged in 2006.  So Kevin incorporated both days into our special day.  It also would have been Kevin's great grandmother's birthday.  Oh and the restaurant we went to - it's the same place my brother took Emily after he proposed (we didn't know this until yesterday)!  We had dated over 2 years so it was about time!!!  ;)

We're SOOOOOO excited!  Let the planning commence! 

So I'm sure yall are wondering - we haven't decided which state to have it in - at home in Maryland, here in Charlotte, NC or possibly Pawley's Island, SC.  We're working on lists and from there we'll decide on a place and date!  We are thinking 2012 though!  Woohoooooo!

52 comments:

  1. Congrats on your engagement! That is so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Beth! So happy for you!
    Love, Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cute! And I just got goose bumps reading this. Congrats again- we are so excited for you!

    Love,
    Kim and Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. so exciting!!! what a beautiful day all around for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. After I saw the news on facebook I have checked your blog about three times this am waiting for the story!!! So super cute! Congrats on your engagement.....you are an adorable couple!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! I knew it was coming! Kevin told me at dinner that night at Vivace but none of the details!!
    How exciting and Harbour Town is the best place for it!! Love riding bikes around Sea Pines!!!
    Congrats to you both!! Let me know if you need any help. I still have a lot of my vendor lists(if you do it in CLT) and/or planning documents!
    We'll have to take you guys out for a Congrats drink!! YAY!!
    Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations...that’s SO exciting! What a great weekend to get engaged! I love everything about your ring...the yellow gold and the round diamond. The pictures are so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! What a great engagement story. Very sweet : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovie it!! So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. o my god congrats!!! He planned it all out so well!! Can't wait to watch as you plan the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!!! Do you remember when we first "met", and I thought you two were married? hahaha...always makes me chuckle that I thought that. You two just seemed to be so grounded and "together".

    Now, you will be married.

    CONGRAULATIONS!!! It sounds like it truly was a perfect weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, that is so exciting!!!!! What a wonderful weekend and an extra special surprise!!!! So happy for you, sweetie!!!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been waiting for this wonderful recap! Kevin did a perfect job planning this one out. Kev, if you're reading this, WAY TO GO! And I have to give him more props on that stunning ROCK on your ring finger! Let's get together soon to celebrate! You know I'm wedding-obsessed so anytime you want to get together to talk nuptuals, I'm your gal!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks again for calling me that night to tell me the great news! So happy for you. Can't wait to see that ring & hug you in person! Let the wedding planning & fun times begin!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing PROPOSAL! Congratulations to you and Kevin. He definitely pulled off quite the fairytale! I cannot wait for you to start blogging away with wedding details! Oh, and your ring is GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just found your blog today and so glad I did! Congratulations on your engagement! What a sweet proposal story and your ring is GORGEOUS!

    I'm newly engaged as well and host a wedding talk link up on Tuesdays! Would love for you to link this post up today and for you to join in once the planning begins.

    Congrats again! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Annie--what INCREDIBLE news! Kevin did such a fabulous job planning :) :) :) now you get to have all the fun in the planning department! Enjoy that shining beauty on your finger and keep us all posted on your progress! Much love! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to you and your cutie husband-to-be! He gets lots of claps for a knock out plan and talk about that ring- bling bling for reals!

    Can't wait to read about all of the plans! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. YAY! Congratulations!

    That is some awesome planning for Kevin and I love that the date and place are also special for engagements in both of your families!

    And the ring! Gorgeous!!!

    Have fun planning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Annie-

    Congratulations!! I am so thrilled for y'all! Your ring in stunning.

    Cheers to a fabulous engagement,
    KK

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was so excited to read you were engaged on twitter and was so happy to read the whole story. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I adore the ring, the story, all the sneaky planning, and the joy on your faces in all the pictures. Can't wait to hear more about the wedding planning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. How exciting!!! Congratulations gorgeous!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Anne,

    I have been waiting for this post!

    Congrats!

    Tell Kevin he did an amazing job.

    Cheers,

    Coastal Blue Ocean

    ReplyDelete
  24. What HAPPY news, yay! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a romantic weekend ~ congratulations! Your ring is just beautiful ~ love the photos of you two and all the excitment.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations! So excited for you and your ring is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations! What a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats, I am SOOOOO happy for you! Let the fun begin!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that you asked if he had asked your Dad, that's the sign of a true Southern girl! So happy for the two of you! There's not much more exciting than planning your wedding, WOO HOO!! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  30. YAYY!!! So excited for you both! Congrats dear!

    ReplyDelete
  31. SO excited for you and Kevin!!! What a WONDERFUL story you have to pass on down through the generations to come. SO sweet and special!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ahhhhh! I literally squealed when I read this! You two are TOO cute in these photos! I can just feel how excited you must be :) Congratulations, I couldn't be happier for you! Thank you so much for sharing this special moment!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am so EXCITED about your wonderful news! Congratulations to you and Kevin!!! It is ironic that I was just thinking about you today and that Adelaide and I need to come to Charlotte and visit.... and then I read your blog post tonight. That is such great news! I am so happy for you two. You will have such fun planning the wedding. I love Hilton Head! What a great place to get engaged! Loved all your pictures. Beautiful diamond!!!!! Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congratulations! So happy for you! Such a sweet and thoughtful proposal story!

    ReplyDelete
  35. CONGRATSSSS!!! So much fun when you finally introduce your man as your "fiancee!!" I am loving your ring..so vintage looking and gorgeous!

    XO Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yippee!! Congratulations--I have been waiting and waiting for this news! You looked lovely in your Lilly and of course, that new diamond will be the perfect accessory with ANY outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  37. New poster! Congrats on your engagement. Your ring is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  38. OMG! SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. congrats to you both! let the planning festivities begin!! We got married at PI, so that's my (non-biased!) vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. oh my gosh!!! this is so wonderful! see, I didn't read any blogs yesterday, so I saw today's post first and was all confused :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Yay Yay! I am so happy for y'all! Congratulations! You are going to be a beautiful bride!I can't wait as plans progress!

    ReplyDelete
  42. OMGGG! CONGRATS GIRL!!! I can't wait to read about your wedding planning adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wheeee!!! So exciting :) Let all the fun planning begin!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  44. Congratulations! I am just catching up on your news.

    ReplyDelete
  45. CONGRATS!!!! I was scrolling through and saw "10 things since my engagement" and thought AHHHH I AM BEHIND!!! Your ring is gorgeous. I can't wait to follow all the planning.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Congrats!

    I know I am a little late but I was out of town when it happened. We almost got engaged a week apart! My BF asked on my bday, the 28th :) It's such a great feeling, huh? I love how he planned it out so cute.. that was my favorite part.. hearing all of the plans that I didn't know about haha. And yes, I am pretty sure I said "Did you ask my dad?" before I even said yes haha!

    xoxo.

    Little Miss Southern Love

    ReplyDelete
  47. ok i just saw your comment on my blog about you being engaged!! how did i miss this?!?!! CONGRATS, BEST WISHES, HOOOOORAY!!! so happy for you -- the ring is gorgeous and i loved hearing all about the engagement :) :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  48. CUTE STORY!!! Eee congrats!! Your ring is gorrrgeous.

    Sorry to be a late commenter, but I just now found your blog and I love it! I'm an intern with a wedding video company and we're having a contest especially for brides to be who are bloggers and we'd love to have you enter! Email me so I don't fill up your comment box with all the rules and stuff. caitlin [at] storymixmedia [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Is it weird that as I read this I may have sheds some tears! God, I'm such a sap -- especially for a good, romantic engagement story! SO excited for you both... can't wait to follow along in this journey!!

    ReplyDelete