Monday, July 25, 2011

Engagement Dinner and Weekend

We had the most fabulous time on Friday night at our engagement dinner that Kevin's parent's threw for us at their club!  It was done to perfection and was so special to us!  They had rented out a room just for our crowd of 11 and added some other very special touches!  His Mom had a wonderful cake that said Congratulations to Kevin and I and it had a yellow flower on it with yellow writing!  It was delicious!

My brother, SIL and Anna Kate came up from Pawleys Island for the big event.  Anna Kate was the highlight of the evening, of course! 

She LOVED the ice cream bar they had.  Girlfriend loves some chocolate ice cream with lots of sprinkles.  She had seconds, because she could!  :)  Check her out getting every bite out of that bowl!  Her Momma was embarrassed she was doing that but of course we all thought it was too cute!

Kevin's Mom and Dad also had a vase monogrammed with our new last name initial and filled with flowers.  That was so special of them to do!  And they added the framed picture of Kevin and I.

Kevin is so fun!

Brittany (Kevin's SIL) made the cutest name tags and I thought that was so nice of her to do.  She is so talented.  Anna Kate loved picking those up and passing them back out to everyone.

Then Anna Kate got to put my bracelet and engagement ring on.  Her eyes lit up so much when I gave her my ring to put on her finger.  Soooo cute! 

The whole group!  Kevin's family is on the left, mine is on the right!

My parents, brother, SIL and niece Anna Kate.

She's the queen!  Nannie and Poppa (my parents) gave her a little Hello Kitty so that made it into the pictures above and below.

The next day everyone came over to my condo for breakfast.  Anna Kate and Poppa decided to have ice pops too!  So fun for 8am!

Then Anna Kate and I painted nails.  Her toes are Turquoise and Caicos and her fingers match mine - Haute as Hello, both from Essie.  :)
My brother, Emily and Anna Kate left mid morning to head to Charleston and my parent, Kevin and I went to look at venues.  I made a low country boil for dinner that night then Sunday we looked at some hotels for room blocks and then hammered down the guest list.  Still very hard to cut but we have to do it.  Ughh yall know how that goes.

Last night Mom and I made ribs then Kevin and Dad grilled them, squash casserole and mac 'n cheese.  It was a tasty dinner.  Then we had to go get gas in their car so I had to take Mom to a yogurt place!  This morning we looked at one more venue and then they got on the road and I went to work!

Of course I already miss everyone!  I love everyone being together in one place, just doesn't happen often enough!  Hopefully over the next year or two with all the wedding events, it'll happen more often! 

Thank you again to Kevin's parents and family and also my parents and family.  We are thrilled to share such a special time all together!

15 comments:

  1. WOW! How fun! So glad that everyone was able to make it in.
    My rents came down right after we got engaged and we all went and looked at venues together.
    Me, my Mom, Dad and Brad. Fun but I was ready for it to be over..
    Oh, and we all came to the same conclusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend celebration! I know you are having so much fun being engaged and doing all of the fun planning parts. It's going to fall in place beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dread having to make cuts to the guest list when I get married. Hopefully people understand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the best weekend! With really great meals, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like so much fun!! She is too cute-love her big bow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend! Glad the wedding planning is coming along nicely!

    I'm posting about our upcoming engagement party tomorrow for Bridal Talk Tuesday - would love for you to link up this post!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely celebration! That vase is GORGEOUS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your niece is adorable! I'm sure she was thrilled with her new mani/pedi and of course, to wear your ring. Glad you had such a special weekend with your family and Kevin's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful party! Anna Kate looks so pretty in these pictures and I love that sweet monogrammed vase!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that big white bow!!! What a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your engagement, looks like you're going to have fabulous inlaws!
    Bisous,
    Rachel
    http://lovealamode.wordpress.com

    PS I'm hosting my first blog giveaway this week for a gift card for an online shopping spree from Zestii, and I would love if you stopped by to enter! All you have to do is leave a comment here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You two are darling! Looks like engagement is treating you both well. Good luck and have fun with all the planning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So awesome that both families were able to get together last weekend. Looks like a great time. Love the vase too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for linking up for Bridal Talk Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete