Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Healthy Breakfast/Lunch and Shred

I can't remember which blog I found this idea from so if it was yours, please let me know so I can give you credit!

I saw this somewhere in the last couple weeks it looked so tasty so I had to try it.  Bagel thins, light cream cheese, smoked salmon and a few capers.  I had it for lunch on Sunday and for breakfast this morning.  Definitely fills you up and is under 300 calories. 
Remember a few months ago I told you how I was going to do the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred?  Well every day didn't happen because it got to be SO boring but I do mix it in with running and exercise classes.  It's actually been pretty fun. 

Last night I did level 3 and honestly thought I was going to be super sore today - I am not at all.  It shows me that I'm improving so I'm glad about that.  I've been working on legs because that helps me on the hilly runs.  After my runs I've also been doing some sprinting up hills, a small recovery and doing it again.  It's helped with my endurance.

What do you all do to speed up your metobolism and get in shape the quickest way?  There is nothing more frustrating than a run when you feel like you're in good shape but then you get out there and struggle.

16 comments:

  1. YUM!!!

    PS - I can't get past level 2 with Jillian. She is insane!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to have to meet you to run with you as my accountability partner! I'm guessing you're WAY faster then me, but just starting at the same time would make me do it! I haven't run since Feb. and my clothes are DEFINITELY letting me know it! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anne,

    My husband is doing the old scarsdale diet (you can google it)and he has lost 42 lbs.

    When he is done he is going to maintain with the Cinch shakes that I use.

    Best wishes,

    Coastal Blue Ocean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this bagel looks absolutely delish!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. 30 Day Shred is a serious workout! I was doing well with it, but got extremely bored with doing the same thing everyday that I have quit. I really need to get back to it...thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep meaning to try the 30 day shred...but hasn't happened yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drooling...all over my keyboard. :) Mmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm ... I'm still on Level 1 with the Shred :) You're inspiring me to finally try Level 2!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a fan of smoked salmon but I love bagels.
    Good deal on the Shred!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy breakfast -- Ian and I love those. We slightly toast a bagel thin (gotta be the "everything" bagel thin) and top it with your same ingredients but I also add chopped red onion and lemon juice. Dried dill is also tasty on it. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Confession - I haven't had time to exercise lately :/ So I've been trying to balance that by eating really healthy! Your breakfast looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I try to run 3-4 miles twice a week and I walk my dog everyday! I also love to do yoga for strength training!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like I've seen this before too, and so glad to have another person say it's a great on the go meal!! I <3 capers AND bagle things. Mmmm....

    I did 30-day shred last year and did have success, but I am horrible at doing anything consistently :(

    ReplyDelete