Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pillows, Flowers and Box of Wedding Things

Since I had some comments on my pillows, I thought I'd start there today!  The back chevron looking pillow came from this Etsy shop.  They were super reasonable (unlike most pillows!) and I got the filler pillow for it at Pottery Barn here in Charlotte.

The blue and green pillow my Mom found at the same cute shop in Maryland where I found the $10 Pamela Cassidy prints that look like $50 prints.  Yes, the store is awesome.  I thankfully had kept the tag off of the pillow so I'd know for next time and I pulled it out for this post.  It is by Anna Maria Horner.  Check out her website here.  She does amazing work!

In other news, I finally had my first plant EVER grow from a seed.  You can see that the right side of my planter box didn't do so well but at least I had some zinnias on the left.  It's very hard to grow plants on my balcony because of being so high up and the terrible wind.  Not to mention the heat this year that we're all fighting with!

When Kelly was here the other night from Raleigh, she brought me allllll of her wedding material!  Lots of books, magazines, her notebook and every single invitation and program.  Lots to go through and get ideas from!  I'm excited!
I will start official Wedding Wednesday posts back up when I finally figure out when we're going to do this thing.  I've learned to not speak before something is concrete.  There is a lot that goes into this decision of when, where, how many and how much!  I honestly don't think people understand until they have something to plan for this many people....I certainly didn't!  Ha! 

So for the next few months, Kevin and I are going to enjoy our engagement and figure things out in a more relaxed manor instead of trying to plan this huge thing in a matter of weeks (Mom and I were going nuts trying to get it done, weren't we Mama?!).  I'm looking forward to more relaxed decisions and much less pressure!  Afterall, we're supposed to enjoy this time right?!

Thank yall for the encouragement, support and (sometimes) opinions!!  ;)

10 comments:

  1. I think it's great that your stepping back to enjoy the moment. I can't even imagine how stressful planning a wedding must be. Love the pillows btw..so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love those pillows and need some for my new apartment. I might buy those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those pillows!! They're beautiful. And yay for getting a plant to grow! I have yet to do that.. I usually kill them (on accident).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pillows are beautiful! I'm glad that you and Kevin are slowing things down to enjoy your engagement :)

    aHb

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're absolutely right, Annie - you are supposed to enjoy your engagement :) It's so easy to get overwhelmed with all of the decisions, but you do have plenty of time to get everything done. My husband and I were only engaged for six months, and our wedding came together nicely. It's most important to have fun!!!

    P.S. I'm loving your pillows! I've been thinking that our couch might need a pillow makeover in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pillows and I agree that you need to take time to enjoy your engagement and plan in a less stressed manner. Enjoy browsing Wedding magazines/books.

    jDl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas. I love that big box of wedding stuff. So nice that she saved all that. I also agree with taking the time to enjoy the engagement.. maybe thats why we have yet to do any planning! Oops :)

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy the moment ~ your engagement time is supposed to be fun & exciting not super duper stressful. Enjoy that box. I think my wedding magazines might be in there too. :)

    ReplyDelete