Friday, September 8, 2017

Five on Friday - Shoes & Gymnastics

Whew, Friday.  It's been quite a couple weeks.  Today is my first normal day in 2.5 weeks.  Meaning I'm getting up, going to my office and working all day.  I haven't done that since Wednesday, August 23rd!  

ONE:
A few weeks ago I was at Target and picked up these shoes.  They're the perfect price point for somewhat trendy sneakers.  I just couldn't get on board with paying over $100 for casual shoes that I may only wear for a year or two.  I do love my Toms for casual but these will be a fun change and I can wear to work on casual day or for traveling.


TWO:

Speaking of running crazy lately, have I told you all that I've been sick since Molly Anne had croup back on July 30th?  Shortly after she was better, I got the worst sore throat and annoying cough.  My throat hurt so badly a few days that I had to take Ibuprofen to swallow.  I've had some days of not feeling terrible but in general I have sounded terrible for 5 weeks.  Wednesday I finally went to the doctor (another reason we came home from our trip early) and he prescribed me a z-pack, prednisone, allegra, flonaise and mucinex dm.  Evidently he wasn't impressed with me not carinag for myself (honestly I've just been busy and blah blah)!  Hopefully this steriod will nip it and I'll not have this cough soon.  I'll spare you the details but the cough has been AWFUL.  

THREE:

Molly Anne began gymnastics yesterday!  OMG, it was the most adorable thing!  




FOUR:
These hurricanes are getting out of control.  I just feel so badly for all of the people affected.  We are hoping for the best here in Charlotte.  Some of the models show it coming our way but it wouldn't be nearly as significant as what Florida is getting.  Stay safe, everyone.  

FIVE:
A couple of weeks ago I picked up this skirt for work.  I got it in the ivory color and think I will be able to wear it a ton.  These No. 2 Pencil Skirts are my go-to work uniform with a tucked in shirt!  On sale too!  


Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  We have a couple things going on but nothing too crazy.  See you all here on Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Ugh I am currently battling the same sickness! Doc gave me prednisone and Zpak yesterday, too!! I can handle being sick but I can't take a sore throat. I like to talk, eat and drink too much to be dealing with that. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read Carolina Charms post today, and she's posted about a sniffle shot (or something??) somewhere near you guys makes - try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better soon! Could Molly Anne be any CUTER in that little gymnastics leo?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MA in those Nike shorts and sneakers is the cutest. And no. 2 pencil skirts are a fave of mine as well. However, now my office is so casual I rarely wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. Being sick for weeks on end is so hard - it's just exhausting. I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete