Friday, September 1, 2017

Five on Friday - Jacket, "Work" Dinner, Shopping, House Update

Happy Friday!  Cannot believe it is already September 1st!  This week has been interesting because I've been working from home while keeping a toddler all week.  Ms. Becky has been on a well deserved vacation!  Tuesday is coming soon!

I have a some fun things for you today!

ONE:
First, this jacket is THE BEST.  Mom and I went to J. Crew yesterday and I saw it and was like nooooo I don't need a jacket right now.  Mom said well try it on anyway so I did and fell in love.  It has the wax coating and is the perfect weight.  And it's 30% off this weekend too.  Yall, it looks like a Barbour jacket for 1/4 of the price!  Here is the link.  



TWO:
On Wednesday night my favorite former client turned friend was in town from Denver so a few of us went to The Palm for dinner!  It was SO good and such a treat.  We got a seafood platter to start that was amazing.  Tuna, the biggest shrimp and a bunch of crab meat.  Yum.  I had tuna for dinner too!



THREE:
I came home to this little queenie all racked out!  

I covered her back up and she was so comfy.  She's not doing it in the below picture but she still sleeps with her toosh in the air like when she was itty bitty.  I love it!

FOUR:
We had a little shopping excursion yesterday and I about died with Molly Anne in a smocked dress, Hunter boots and her JoJo Maman Bebe rain jacket.  I got the jacket last year and she only wore it a few times so it didn't matter that it was a little big.  This year it's still a little big so I think I'm going to get three years out of this raincoat!  That, my friends, is a deal!

She lovedddd going to the American Girl store!

She pushed the baby around for the longest time.  She is so into Babies and Mamas right now!  As in the other day she picked two flowers in our backyard and said one was the baby and one was the Mama!

FIVE:
Here is some of the brick they have completed so far!  It's coming along well.  

I met with the trim guy yesterday and we decided on the casing around the doors and windows, baseboards, crown molding and worked on deciding what the mantle will look like.  

Kevin is meeting with the cabinet guy again today to decide what to do in his office, if anything.

Next week, tile is beginning!  I can't wait to see some of that come to life.  I spent a lot of time making those decisions!


4 comments:

  1. That jcrew jacket is fab - and the color looks so good on you. I feel like that'll be a great jacket because it looks easy to travel with too. Hope you and your mom are able to enjoy the weekend together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the J.Crew Factory last week and was so close to buying that jacket and so mad at myself for not. It looks so cute! Love how the house is coming along, looks amazing! Have a great weekend love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, your house is looking so great! I love that jacket. I had a similar shopping experience with my mom, and it was the best because she picked things I normally don't. I can't imagine how much fun MA had at the AG store. SC is obsessed with babies too. It's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MA is so cute! And, the brick turned out beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete