Thursday, May 2, 2013

Rehearsal & Rehearsal Dinner Recap!

 
Friday afternoon when I got back from getting my hair done, lots of Maryland folks were in my parent's suite for cocktail hour!  It was so fun! 
 
Of course there was a champagne toast!
 
Kevin arrived and I finally changed into my rehearsal dinner getup.
 
We all walked over to the church and rehearsed and signed the marriage certificate that night too!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ahhhh!!!  And look at that fantastic bouquet that my MOH made!
 
We then walked one block to Dunhill Hotel/Harvest Moon Grille where the rehearsal dinner was! 
 
Check out this fun cake...Allstate (Kevin), Hawaii and hammocks!  Kevin's favorite things and where we were going on our honeymoon!  It was peanut butter with chocolate moose filling.  YUM!
 
My parents!
 
My Mom with my niece Sarah!
 
Kevin's parents with the chef.
 
I've always called my Uncle "Green Hair"  So he got a green wig to toast with haha!  It was hilarious!
 
My friend Kimmy with Sarah. 
 
My brother and I.
 
Two of my favorite boys in the world!
 
 
 
Us with Kevin's brother and SIL, Joe and Brittany.
 
My girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Kevin and his boys minus one.
 
My Maryland girls!
 
Then we went to Basil (where Kevin and I went on our 1st dates and many thereafter).  My crazy brother and SIL.  Love them.
 
Kim and Jeff.
MOH Kelly and Brett.
 
Lauren and Andrew
 
Some of the guys.
 
Kimmy is a bad influence....you'll see in the pictures just below...
 
My Charlotte girls Tara and Lauren.
 
 
 
Our friends Jenn and David came downstairs from Avenue to meet up with us!  So nice of them! 
 
My parent's crazy across the street neighbor!  With some photobombing in the background.
 
My brother and I.  Oh yea, Kevin didn't come to Whiskey River with us.  He was smart and went home.
 
Then we decided to ride the bull.  Actually it was decided for me that I was going to ride the bull.  But yall - I couldn't get on!!!!!!  I had no wingspan in that dress.  I tried and tried and the operator guy inflated the mat more.  It was funny. 
 
 
 
 
 
But I did end up getting on.  Bless my heart.  Then I got off and proceeded to jump up and down and inform the whole bar that I was getting married later that day (it was after midnight).
 
And on the walk back to the hotel I told everyone that I was getting married that day.  It was, I'm sure, very impressive! 
 
I went to sleep on my parent's suite's pull out couch with a water bottle, goldfish and my phone. 
 
And I woke up to the most beautiful sunrise and most importantly to the day I was going to marry Kevin!!!
 

9 comments:

  1. What a HOOT! I can't believe you partied down like that the night before your wedding! ;)
    Brad and I had an agreement that we wouldn't do that but he broke it. In fact, in his suite at the hotel he and his friends partied till 3am and one of his friends wanted to even get strippers! UMMMMMMM...NO!!! Brad put the hammer down on that one! ;0

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a party! I love the sunrise though, a perfect start to the day you were getting married!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg what a fun crowd, and party! chocolate + peanut butter = perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THIS! The norm for my extended family is Ceremony + Reception + AFTER PARTY so I will likely be going to bed very early the night *before* the wedding so I can dance the night away on Wedding Night :)

    That sunset.... gave me chills. What a beautiful way to start such a big day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! I love your dress and I love that picture of you riding the bull. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun night!

    Kimmy looks like a fun friend!

    And I'm so proud of you for getting on that bull in your cocktail dress!!! Were you hungover for the wedding the next day, hehe?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! Girl, I boozed till about 3am on my wedding eve! Yikes! I should NOT have done that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahahahah! What a riot! I have that Lilly dress, too and it is such a perfect choice for the rehearsal. :)

    ReplyDelete