Friday, January 26, 2018

Five on Friday

ONE:
Since we have quartzite now, we can't put hot dishes on the counters.  I only had one trivet and needed one more, especially for when we entertain.  I ordered this one from Williams Sonoma  (under $20!) and got it yesterday.  Love it! 


TWO:
This little boy is finally settling into our home.  He loves Molly Anne's pillow and blankey's cousin.  She was so sweet to share with him! ;)


THREE:
New recipes.  We tried Mix and Match Mama's Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas this week.   I wouldn't put this on your list to make any time soon.  Just being honest eek!


Last night I made Natalie's Baked Brie Bites to take to neighborhood bunco and they turned out really good.  Watch the baking time because I only had to cook mine for less than 10 minutes and I think they were still too toasty.  





FOUR:
A HUGE shout out to Anna's Alterations.  I've gone to them for the 13 years I've lived in Charlotte but Anna is truly amazing and has such a heart for Veterans.  She knows Sarah and how much she does and she knew I was going to the Vetty's with Sarah.  Anna altered our dresses complimentary.  What an amazing surprise.  There are such nice people in this world.  So, local Charlotte girls - go support Anna and have your alterations done there, she is a sweet lady AND does alterations the right way!  She has altered my wedding dress and a million things in between!

(link to my dress)




FIVE:
Instead of rushing out the door every morning before 7, I've been hanging around some mornings.  And I just love that time with my Molly Anne.  This morning she was all about the chapstick ha!


She got really tickled when we both had zippers and pockets on our Lilly Popovers this morning! ;)  She wears her popover almost every morning because it is "car seat legal" versus a heavy coat.  


Happy Friday!

8 comments:

  1. I love your honesty about the buffalo chicken enchilada recipe! I just don’t get it. Rarely have any of the recipes I’ve tried from her blog turn out any good. Glad to know I’m not the only one who isn’t impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes and yes to her recipies!! Very processed and just plain gross. Thank you for saving me from another fail. Mills and Molly are just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll honestly never understand how she has so many recipe books published. Her recipes are terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black dress is so elegant and timeless! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto on her recipes. They are all so processed. Thanks for your honesty! Love your countertops so, so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a touching gesture from that shop owner - love stories of kindness like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could honestly just read a full blog with pictures of your dog _ I just want to cuddle up next to him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Anna’s alterations. I used her all the time when I was in Charlotte. You both looked gorgeous in your dresses! Sorry ab the enchiladas. I hate wasting time
    Cooking and it turning out yuck!

    ReplyDelete