Friday, June 6, 2014

Five on Friday - Pulled Over and Mills



ONE:
I got pulled over for the first time this week.  I was in Texas, with a North Carolina license and a Illinois license plate.  That was exciting.  I wasn't speeding and he didn't come after me with his lights on until I took the exit I was going to and turned into a gas station.  He kept following me to the parking lot and then turned his lights on.  So weird.  He asked me for my license and insurance card which I thought was odd - not my registration.  As my hand shook like a crazy nervous person, I handed him my license and rental car agreement.  He probably couldn't have even told you my name after he looked at it....that was how quickly that happened.  He didn't care, he just wanted to check us out (I had my general contractor and architect in the car).  I was driving a Tahoe with dark windows, out of state tags and evidently the interstate I was on was a high drug traffic area.  Okay fine but don't profile this young red head!  He told me I didn't use my signal to get off the interstate which is total you know what.  OF COURSE I used my signal...I had a cop behind me.  I'm not stupid.  This was just his excuse.  So basically, out of state tags (thank you Hertz) got me pulled over and scared for nothing.  

TWO:
Hey lil Mills!

THREE:
You're a sweet boy!

FOUR:
Tonight is dinner at bossman's house.  I'm pretty excited about it...their home is gorgeous times 100.

FIVE:
Tomorrow I plan to do nothing.  I need to do nothing.  I'm fine with stuff around the house, but I don't want to leave.  It has been a LONG work week for Kevin and I both.  He has had a time getting his new office straight and I did back to back 17 hour work days.

Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. That is ridonkulous about being pulled over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pulled over for the FIRST time ever? I am super impressed ... you are awesome. Wish I could say the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That story makes me so frustrated for you. That was just not okay. Mills is a sweety!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time AND doing nothing wrong? That's a good track record!!! I once got pulled over for speeding on my way home from the beach and maaaaaay have whipped my tank top off so I was just sitting there in a bikini top when the cop came up to the window...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally do need a week of nothing - you guys have been SO busy....a few days to just relax sounds like just what the doc would order!!! Enjoy it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's pretty crazy about getting pulled over. I guess it's good to know that the cops are trying to keep things under control... Mills is so cute! On a random note, sometimes my husband glances over my shoulder when I'm reading blogs, and he always gets super interested when I'm reading yours because he loves goldens! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. UGH that story makes me so angry! I can't stand when people abuse their power. Enjoy your weekend - you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So bizarre for being pulled over but yeah in Missouri we don't ever use registrations just license and insurance so I get that.

    Just a couple months ago I was with my dad and his 2 friends driving back from an event on 44 (main drug highway from TX) in a black xl escalade with tinted windows (their mom mobile). They pulled us over also it was probably 9ish at night and when he came to the car and back kept shining his light in the back of the car. So he was just looking for a drug bust. Clearly we were far from that. Glad everything was okay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was really bad! I think you should’ve made a report to complain about it. It’s worrisome that you got pulled over and was delayed for a vague reason. If there’s any consolation, it was that you didn’t get a ticket for it. But it’s still very frustrating nonetheless.

    Norma Richards @ Just Bail Bond

    ReplyDelete