Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend!

The Weekend.  Let's get right down to it.  

Friday night we met Kevin's parents at Rippington's for some french onion soup.  Delish and about the only thing I could eat since I did end up getting the Mexican flu or so I like to call it.  Cipro has since saved my life.

Saturday morning I went up to Raleigh to help throw a baby shower for my bestest.  It deserves a full recap but here is a preview!

On my way back from Raleigh, Kevin texted me and said we should do something fun tonight.  Don't have to ask me twice.  So a hot date it was.  Once I got home around 5pm, we played in the yard with Mills for awhile then got cleaned up.  Tony came and grabbed us around 7:15 and took us to a new place for dinner - Blackthorne.  We were really impressed.  They also had live music in the bar.  

We started with fried green tomatoes topped with pimento cheese.  Oh my..!

He had shrimp, scallops and grits!

And I had the most delicious pot pie I've ever had in my life.  For the record, it was worth the bazillion calories that was in it!

We moved back into the bar area and listened to the band a little more.  Tony came and got us and we headed over to Bradshaws and met up with a co-worker of mine.  Good times.

Sunday, I had to play catch up on my life.  I cleaned floors, grocery shopped, walked Mills, watched football with Kevin, cooked meals for this week.  Things I needed to do for my own sanity.  I only talked to my parents, Kevin and Mills and it was amazing.

Today, it's back to the grind and I'm glad for that too.  I only have a day trip this week so I get to sleep in my own bed 5 nights in a row.  I can't remember the last time this happened!  No complaints here! 

3 comments:

  1. You look so pretty in your pic from date night and the food looks amazing, too! Can't forget about Mills and Kevin looking handsome, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun! Pimiento on FGT's? TO DIE FOR

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do look pretty and glowing in that date night pic. I heart some pot pie!

    ReplyDelete