Thursday, October 24, 2013

Mexico - Brad and Shauna's Wedding

Last Friday we went down to Mexico for Brad and Shauna's wedding.  Brad stood up with us in our wedding and is one of Kevin's very best friends.  We couldn't wait to be there for their big day!

Yes I'm crazy and went to the Bahamas one weekend then Mexico the next.  We got back from Mexico on Tuesday night and then I flew up north for work, where I am now.

On Friday when we got to Dreams Tulum, they had a cocktail hour to welcome the 21 attendees.

The adorable couple!

I did go prepared with a case of water, a prescription of Cipro and food for 5 days, just in case.  My stomach has a bad reputation in Mexico...TMI.  But the water was FABULOUS to have.  Highly recommend.


Kevin, Rob and Brad.  Triple trouble.  Then you add Brad's Dad in and you have chaos.  These boys have grown up together and are still best friends.

This was the relaxation pool where we spent a lot of time.

And we were on the beach quite a lot.  I'm more tan now than I was in July ha!

On their wedding day, Shauna was super sweet and invited me to come to the spa with she and her friends.  It was so fun, champagne included of course!

Isn't her hair beautiful?

I did get my hair did too.  Kevin hated the front but was okay with the back.  He was really funny about it.



Brad with his parents.  They are so sweet.

The back of her dress!

They are such a nice couple.  We really love hanging with them.

This is the lil chapel they got married in!



Rob and Erin, Kevin and I at their cocktail hour.

This picture is funny for a lot of reasons.  1.  Their mothers probably never thought they'd get married.  They are both late bloomers.  2.  The way they are holding their hands is umm... and 3.  They ended up with very similar rings.  Kevin's is a little thinner and has ridging on the sides.

Rob is up next!

Shauna was so gorgeous!

Then we all went to the Italian place called Portofinos where they had a dinner for us in the wine cellar.  It was really cool!


I love this picture of them.


It was a beautiful wedding and we're SO happy for the Mr. and Mrs.!

Sunday and Monday were very similar days.  Get up, breakfast, pool and beach all day, dinner at night.  No complaints here!  Sunday we went back to Portofinos with Erin and Rob for a double date.

Dancing afterward.  We loved Hector in the middle!

And on Monday, Kevin and I went to the sushi and asian restaurant by ourselves.  
Tuesday we got up and walked the beach and headed to the airport.  Another fun wedding in the books!  Thank you to Shauna, Brad and their families for a wonderful time!  

5 comments:

  1. This is the type of wedding I wanted to have but Brad refused. Low-key and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous whirlwind few weeks! And I bet a harsh wake-up call with this chilly weather...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The brides dress is beautiful. I love when guys have a strong opinion about something you think they wouldn't care about. And I think your hair looked great, front and back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The brides dress is beautiful. I love when guys have a strong opinion about something you think they wouldn't care about. And I think your hair looked great, front and back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun! I've always wanted to attend a destination wedding...maybe one day! So glad you're taking advantage of all the traveling - no better time to do it!

    ReplyDelete