Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a great weekend at the beach and definitely remembered those that gave the ultimate sacrifice so we could live in this amazing country. 


We picked up Molly Anne from school a bit early on Friday so we could beat the traffic and thankfully we did! We didn’t do much on Friday because the concert was canceled so we just hung at home. 

Kevin and I got woken up early Saturday morning by a dog barking so I went for a run on the beach. It was so nice. When I came back, Kevin went to run some errands while I fed the kids. Then Grady and I scooted to the liquor store and look what they had - the high noon pool pack! The new flavors are so good. They also had lemon at the store which is new. 

We packed lunches and headed to the beach early. 



Matchy matchy in our TBBC cover ups from last year!



And these two in their suits. This brand, Prodoh, is definitely Grady’s favorite because of the shorts inside of them. Molly Anne’s suit is sold out. 


I’ve officially made it when I don’t have to go to the sunset slush stand anymore!! 


Molly Anne and Lincoln


All of the kiddos. Molly Anne’s top is from Target and so well made. Good one for July 4th too!


Grady driving Mr. Drew’s boat!


Wearing this dress






On Sunday Hilary and I walked then we all headed to the beach. I do love getting exercise in at the beach. Makes me feel better about those high noons haha. 

Molly Anne’s new suit, it’s navy. They have it in big girls too. 


Grady’s similar hatrash guard and prodoh suit. 


Sunset slush on Sunday!





Grady and Greer playing with the big BeamO 30” frisbee!


The kids and I went to Sheffield’s on Friday night when we got here to get bait for our crab trap. We caught two crabs. We threw the small one back and steamed this guy. It was good!



Made this dessert for after our dinner Sunday night. Just presliced pound cake, cool whip and fruit. We cut corners at the beach! Drew smoked the best pork and we had fruit, potato salad and coleslaw with it. 



Yesterday we took our time heading back to Charlotte and laid low! It was a busy two days in the sun but made wonderful memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment