Monday, January 20, 2020

chill weekend and daddy daughter story

We didn’t do a ton this weekend and laid low at home for a majority of it. 

Friday night we went to a Japanese steakhouse with our neighbors. Grady’s first time! He mostly didn’t mind it but when the fire or smoke happened he leaned over toward me and kinda yelled a little!   PS - is this Bella Bliss turtleneck not the cutest thing you've ever seen?  I got it from a friend of mine when her son was finished with it!  Grady can pull off a turtleneck if I do say so myself!




We got there first and told the waiter it was Drew’s birthday so they’d make a big racket and mess with him! It was so funny! 







I don't think I've laughed as hard as we did later on Friday night in a long time.  We have too much fun with them!

We played all day on Saturday. Molly Anne and I took Mills to get groomed and we picked up breakfast at the bagel shop on the way back. 


Saturday night Kevin’s parents came by and we were finishing up grilling some sausages. It was fun for them to visit with us and Molly Anne got to show them all of her things, mainly legos ha!

Sunday morning cleaning. I had read somewhere that kids like to clean so I was like duh that’s a great idea. I gave Molly Anne my big duster and she ran around getting Mills’ hair with that and Grady cause a ruckus with this thing. But he was entertained for probably 30 min so WIN!  


Little loves. They’re both soooo sweet and cute. And it’s a good thing!



I hopped on my Peloton for the Sundays with Love ride at 11:45am and did that while the kids finished lunch and Kevin put Grady to put.  I always love doing that ride "live."  It always starts my week right!

Look who else messed with the busy board that my parents made. Monkey see monkey do.



Sunday afternoon we headed to the mall and to dinner at Pacos Tacos. If you follow me on Instagram you saw this series of pictures. 

First it was daddy pleaseeeeeeee...and it twirls so much.....


10 seconds later Kevin was buying it. 


And out they go with the most hilarious expressions that told the story perfectly!  First time this happened and I guarantee it won’t be the last!  (It was this dress that just came out and really is so cute!)



Today their school is closed for MLK day.  Molly Anne's teacher explained to them what the day was about last week and I'm so glad they did.  She has talked a lot about that since and I think it's very important she understands!  On a funny note - from a 4.5 year old - is when she told me that she, Grady, Mills and I had the same skin color but Daddy's was darker!  Gotta love kiddos!

“If you can’t fly, then run,
If you can’t run, then walk,
If you can’t walk, then crawl,
But whatever you do,
You have to keep moving forward.”
MLK, Jr. 

My office is still open today so we are either splitting the day or winging it.  I have a super long day on Tuesday so we gotta figure out gymnastics and some other stuff then.  Gotta love it!  

Chat soon friends.  

3 comments:

  1. If you lower the handle on the swifter it is much easier for the kids to use! my kids love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute to get them to "help"!! Such sweeties!! I love that picture leaving Nordstrom...you are correct, there will be many more of those! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA!!! Too cute about the dress - if Kevin is anything like my husband than it most definitely won't be the last time :).

    Grady is adorable in his turtleneck!

    ReplyDelete