Monday, February 2, 2015

Weekend with Mom

Mom arrived Friday morning and we got to work on doing nursery stuff!  It was fun!

First stop was Mary Jo's in Gastonia to pick out fabric for the glider and chairs in our kitchen and dining room. 

Next Kevin's and my mom came to our 18 week anatomy scan!  That was really fun and all is perfect!  We are thankful!

Mills wouldn't leave his Nannies side the entire weekend. That night we met Kevins parents for dinner at Macaroni Grill...one of Kevs favorites!

Saturday we ran more errands and spent lots of time in pottery barn kids. We picked out and got the crib bedding!  And!  We got the crib. It's called the Kendall crib. We are so excited. It should be delivered in a couple of weeks!  We also went to regular pottery barn and got the Henley Rug for our dining room. I can't wait to get that later this week!  I'll be sure to update you all with pictures!  

After a productive day, we went to Firebirds.  These two were double trouble  together. I was the driver! ;). I don't know why we don't go to Firebirds more often. It's so good!

Sunday looked like this. We went back to Mary Jo's, met my friend Kimmy and her little boy at Starbucks/Target and got a couple other small things done. 

We lounged Sunday afternoon and made some apps for the Super Bowl.  It was fun. 

Mom being in town was a huge help getting some of these must do items knocked out.  I just don't have the time during the week so it was so nice getting it done on the weekend!

She is flying back home now but I think they'll be back soon. Mills is in a state of depression after his Nannie left. None of us are too happy she left except Dad who is pleased to have her back I bet. Thanks Mama!!  Thankful to have you help us!

12 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how your nursery is going to turn out!! You are looking so cute!
    Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your Mom is so excited about her grandbaby! What a fun weekend to share with her. I love Firebirds, but we don't seem to make it to one much. They have the best Prime Rib!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The crib, how exciting! Firebirds is also one of our favorites : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love running errands with my Mom. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm such a fun weekend!!! I can't wait to see your nursery! Are you working off inspiration images or just pulling what you see and like?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know the moms must have been in heaven during the ultrasound. How cool of you to involve them. I'm getting so excited to see your nursery! :) It will be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can tell how excited you were this weekend because you used a lot of explanation points! So sweet for your mom to come down...I am sure she will make as many visits as possible when baby arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun and productive weekend with your mom! Mills either looks pooped or really sad that she left. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So neat that your mom and MIL got to be a part of the ultrasound! Sounds like things for the nursery are coming together well. I know it'll be beautiful! Looking forward to seeing you this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun weekend. My mom has been the biggest help with picking out nursery stuff and I think my MIL is actually going to paint for us. Yay! Love the picture of the apps with Mills squeezed in the middle. That was Camden the whole game as well.

    ReplyDelete