Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Bathroom Inspiration

We are super excited to redo our bathroom in March.  I will definitely take before and after shots. It's really bad right now....imagine pink tile with designs in them.  Knowing the couple that built the home (we bought it from them) I'm sure it's fancy tile, but not for us. 

This is what our shower will look like but we won't make it steam so we won't tile the ceiling.  We are redoing our plumbing to have a shower head come from the ceiling and also change the wall the plumbing is on now.

We are going to keep our jacuzzi tub but modernize it a bit with woodwork on the front and tile around the sides.  The front face of it will look like this. 

Currently we have a half wall between the shower and tub.  We plan to rip that out and have the shower look like this with glass instead. 

Okay this is the biggest thing we are pondering at the moment that I'd love your opinion on.  We are using the carerra tile (12x24 tiles) in the shower and will use the carerra marble countertops.  We feel like using carerra tile floors in 16x16 may be too much carerra.  Any thoughts?  
So these are three options that Kevin and I picked out...

1.

2.

3.  Carerra 16x16 tiles

Can you let me know 1, 2 or 3 in the comments of what you think looks best and is most practical?  Thank you!

We are also redoing all the hardware and the first delta one below is our top choice.  

These are the tile samples our guy dropped off. 


It's so fun picking all this stuff out and we will feel new and improved afterwards.  We use this room every day so we are excited to have it new and ours!




12 comments:

  1. I don't think it would be too much! I love the basket weave floor look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have large tile on my floor and love it. Less grout to worry about. Does it come in 8x8 to make it different? I have 8x8 in the shower and large on the floor. Perhaps you could do the opposite. I think your choices are timeless, which I am sure is what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg......that tub!!!!!!!! What a beautiful bathroom you're going to have. I can't pick which style for the marble I like better......that's a tough call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love Carerra...that being said I like the big tiles (if you go with small in the shower floor to give a little contrast)...however I also think the octagonal shape would be cool. I know these decisions are tough to make : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dying over these bathroom options!! They're all so good. I tend to lean towards the larger tile only because there's less grout to worry about! However, I do love option 1! Keep us posted!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all, but I really love #1! Can't wait to see the finished room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love carrera and we put it in our bathroom for countertops and as offsetting baseboards. I still like it but am glad we did not use it for floor and here is why - it's surprisingly porous. Meaning it stains easily. On the countertops, I have a ring or two from setting down a product bottle. Anyway, just keep that in mind! Not sure if it's possible to seal it better to prevent that. My moms bathroom has had the same issue on the carrera countertops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything you have picked out for your bathroom! How exciting! I love the carerra tiles & I think the floors would look amazing if you were to do a rectangle tile in a herringbone pattern on the floor and into the shower floor to tie it in with the carerra tile walls! Don't forget to share updates!!! xo,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Carrerra, you can't get too much of it. Your bathroom will be looking so good, I wouldn't leave it. Just sit in that Jacuzzi and soak until I was ready to go to bed. I vote for the larger tile, it'll look beautiful. And go with the Delta Victorian fixtures, in my humble opinion. They have a more classic look.

    Essie Reed @ Valley Home Improvement

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think the extra 16x16 flooring would be too much, but I have to say, I like the second option better. It looks good, but also simple and easy to clean and get a lot of use out of, which I like to make sure stays a priority in function-oriented rooms like the bathroom.

    Wilfred Andrews @ LB Plumbing and Heating

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how this is looking - and I adore the bigger size tiles too. Less fiddly to install and need less grout and the resulting look is so timeless. Your bathroom project is really inspirational and I think I'm going to have to look at something similar - the white and the glass are just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete