Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Catch Up Post - Allie and Mills' Surgery

A catch up post was extremely necessary because I haven't gotten to document some things that have gone on the past week or so.  

Last Wednesday I was in Richmond for the night and I finally got to meet Allie!  We have read each other's blogs for the longest time and this was a long overdue meet up!  It was so fun!

I also got to stay at my cousin's house and visit with them!  My goddaughter Amelia is in the midst of having the toothfairy visit often! ;)

The next morning, Kevin took Mills to the vet for a planned surgery.  He had an infected cyst taken out of his neck and also had his teeth cleaned.  I was worried like a crazy Mama but the vet is our friend and took extra good care of him.  When I flew back in to Charlotte, I went right over there and picked up my buddy.  

That night was a LONG night.  He wouldn't sleep, he wouldn't lay down, he wouldn't stay calm, unless he was right beside Kevin or I.  After being up at 12:30am, 2:30am and 3:30am, we finally went into the den and lounged in there so at least Kevin could sleep.  

Kevin checked in on him several times on Thursday and stayed with him for awhile each time.  He was finally better by the time I got home...I think it just took awhile for the anesthesia to come off.

Poor pooch has had a rough couple of weeks but he's finally getting back to himself.

Saturday I had a record breaking Flywheel performance.  That was fun.  I think I'll always ride on Bike 3. ;)

Happy Tuesday!

9 comments:

  1. Poor Mills. I think it's hard for dogs to have surgery cause they don't know why they are in pain! Love that you met Allie. Hopefully I will meet both of you one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Allie are just adorable! Glad Mills is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor pup! I hate when they have to put dogs under because they get so weird. Glad to hear it's past and hopefully Mills is his old self.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you met up with Allie, but I wish I was there to finally meet you both! We all need a dinner/cocktail date soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool you met Allie! Poor Millsy! Glad he's doing better!
    Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Flywheel#s! It's my goal to hit 300 - been sidelined with 3+ weeks of bronchitis :(. Back in the saddle soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw poor Mills, I hope he is feeling better : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVED getting to meet you! Glad Mills is doing better! That Flywheel picture has me majorly missing cycle!

    ReplyDelete