Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer Weekend!

This weekend I was supposed to go to Maryland to visit with my parents and help out around the house.  But I knew Kevin still wasn't feeling right and I didn't want to leave him for three more days.  I had already been gone last Wednesday-Friday. 

It was SO good to be in town with not much to do.  I really needed to get my life back together and get little things done that had been hanging over my head for a long time.  Very productive weekend!

Friday we laid low and I fixed a yum summer meal which I'll be sharing tomorrow.  Saturday Tara and I got in a long run and then I went to the Farmer's Market before the pool party.

The Avenue had a band up on the 10th floor and it was a blast as usual.  Jimmy Johns catered and they had strawberry margaritas (that were serious business) and a couple kegs of miller lite.  Always a good time.

That evening Kevin took his parents and I to Beef and Bottle for a nice treat.  That place is so tasty.  If you live in Charlotte and you haven't been, go as soon as you can. 

On Sunday, we went for a long walk and then I got ready for my place to be shown again.  As you know, I'm in the business of showing my place with no decent offers.  Oh well, it'll happen when it's supposed to.  We didn't get the house that we put an offer in on and we didn't accept the other two offers from a couple of weeks ago.  It's nice that we aren't in a huge rush but I would like to get this show on the road!  Ha!

I made another decent dinner (if I do say so myself) last night and we got ready for the week. 

What did you all do this weekend?!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you got to stay at home this weekend. You needed it!

    Oh how I wish we had a POOL like ya'll do -- that is fantastic.

    Big lovers of Beef & Bottle here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need some new recipes so I'm excited to see what you made. Sorry to hear about all the back and forth with the housing situation but it is nice that you can take your time and find the right house and offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second April, I'm glad you got to stay home at well and it looks like it was so much fun!

    And LOVE the top you have on in your last pic-so cute!

    ReplyDelete