Tuesday, June 12, 2012

New Summer Meals!

Don't know about yall but I totally go in ruts with meals.  Partly due to the time of year (comfort food in the winter versus healthy in the summer) and partly due to having no time to cook.  At least I'm being honest!  Kevin is a huge help during the week with meals but let's be honest, without very clear and concise instructions for him, it's just easier if I do it.  Tacos, spaghetti and pizza can only happen so often.  So....

Since I was going to be in town this week (ALL WEEK!!!!) for the first time in foreverrrrrr, I meal planned and got some good options together.  Plus since these health concerns of his, I'm on a mission for him to lose weight and I'd like to lose 10 more pounds too. 
   


Meal #1 from last Friday night:

 - Tilapia baked at 375 for 10 minutes.  I used fat free spray butter, lemon juice, a little dill weed and fresh garlic on it. 
 - I had some extra baby red potatoes from Memorial Day weekend so I made a little mixture of olive oil, more fresh garlic and brushed that on.  Baked them at 375 for 20 minutes.  For an entire potato, there are 110 calories.  We had 1.5 each. 
 - My salad in the fridge wasn't good any more so I used a Green Giant package of asparagus.  I heated it in the microwave then put in a oven safe dish.  Sprinkled balsamic vinegar and fresh pepper on it.  Added halved grape tomatoes and baked for 8 minutes on 375.  Everything has to bake at the same temperature in my house, ha.  I added a small teaspoon of goat cheese on top when it was served. 
 - Dinner done. 



Meal #2 - Sunday night:

 - Corn - the ole trusty.  Kevin loves it.  And so do I.  Mom, I know it's a starch but....
 - Zucchini Boats - from this blog.  My friend Tara had pinned them on Pinterest and I repinned.  SO good and super easy.  Kevin said they were mushy.  He's weird!  ;)
 - Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps - from Skinny Taste but I adapted.  I had three chicken breasts that I marinated starting in the morning.  Then I just baked and cut them in small pieces.  I also cut carrots and celery to use.  I put a little light ranch on mine.  Kevin used some feta dressing because he has something against Harris Teeter light ranch, ha.   

Please, for goodness sakes, do not use canned chicken.  Canned chicken is GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night we used leftover buffalo chicken and put it on top of salads (using leftover lettuce from the wraps above)!

Feel free to "pin" these!

If any other meals this week turn out, I'll be sure to post!  Oh, fresh strawberries or watermelon for dessert.  Nothing better!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I need to get into cooking fish in the summer, I've never tried to do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I've been feeling the same way about meals. Yesterday I just cut up a bunch of stuff from the farmer's market & sauted it with garlic & chicken sausage. It actually was quite tasty. PS - we need to hang out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so healthy with that tilapia! I've got to say, having a plethora of fruits/veggies from the farmers market makes healthy meal prep SO much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! I totally agree that I tend to eat healthier and lighter foods in the summer versus the winter. It helps to right out meals and lists so that you have everything planned and don't just grab random stuff to snack on or end up going out to dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely trying the zucchini boats and chicken lettuce wraps!! Yum yum and perfect for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So proud of you! These look delicious AND super healthy. I'm dying to make those buffalo chicken lettuce wraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing! I definitely want to make those zucchini boats! xo

    ReplyDelete