Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Trader Joes General Tsao Chicken Wraps

Note - this can be an appetizer or a meal, I made it a meal.

Ingredients:
1 TB grapeseed or canola oil (I used EVOO and it was fine)
1/2 pound boneless chicken breasts, coarsely chopped (I used almost 1 lb. for meal)
1/4 cup Trader Joe's General Tsao Stir-Fry Sauce (you could find something similar anywhere)
1/2 (10 oz) bag shredded carrots
1 head large, sturdy lettuce, like romaine

Directions:
1. In a medium saute pan, heat the oil and saute the chicken over medium-high heat until cooked through.  The time will depend on how small the chicken pieces are.
2.  With a knife or in a food processor, chop the cooked chicken finely.
3.  Stir in General Tsao sauce until the mixture is moist but not too drippy.
4.  Add shredded carrots and bundle into lettuce leaves.

Serves - 4
Prep Time - 5 minutes
Cooking Time - less than 10 minutes

I served ours with a side salad.  Delish and healthy dinner!

6 comments:

  1. Looks ymmy, I have that sauce from TJ's --- might have to try this recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would love this ... I'll pick some up on my next TJoe's trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks SO amazing. I wish that we had a Trader Joe's!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these at PF Chang's!! Your recipe sounds delicious! Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete