Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chicken Ranch Tacos

This, my friends, is called a quick weeknight meal!

Kevin found this Chicken Ranch Tacos recipe on the back of a taco shells box so he wanted to try it.

Last night while we grilled kabobs (delish), I marinated and cooked two other chicken breasts in preparation for this recipe.  It makes weeknight meals SO much easier!

Ingredients:
1 box (4.7 oz) Old El Paso Stand n' Stuff taco shells
3 C. cut-up deli rotisserie chicken (from 2-2 1/2 lb chicken)
(I used 2 big chicken breasts grilled)1 pkg. taco seasoning mix (I only used half a packet)1/2 C. ranch dressing (I didn't use this much, just what was needed)1 1/2 C. shredded lettuce
1 med. tomato (we used salsa)1 C. shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1/4 sliced green onions
Additional ranch dressing, if desired (we used light sour cream)
Heat oven to 325*. Heat taco shells in oven as directed.

Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, place chicken. Sprinkle with taco seasoning; toss gently to coat. Microwave uncovered on High 2-3 minutes or until hot. Stir in 1/2 cup of the dressing.

Spoon warm chicken mixture into heated taco shells. Top with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and green onions. Drizzle with additional dressing.

5 servings (2 tacos each)
I served this with fresh corn because we had it leftover from last night.

11 comments:

  1. I was craving tacos badly last night, this photo is that little push I needed to make them tonight. They look delicious, xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum!

    steve doesn't like ranch. he's so weird :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound delish! And super easy to make on a busy week night. Have you ever used shredded cabbage on your tacos? We had them on our fish tacos in San Diego, and I fell in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm not a huge taco fan, but i bet your kabobs were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did kabobs Friday night and we're grilling corn tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can't wait to try these! sounds awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! I am so tired of cafeteria food, I can't wait to eat real food at home, so this is making me so hungry! It looks DELISH!

    P.S. Thanks for entering my giveaway! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete