Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Meals and Italian Salad Recipe

I can't remember if I've shared the Italian salad that we've been making every few weeks.  It's from my friend Rachel's recipe and it's easy, delicious and healthy.  I pre-chop everything ahead of time so it makes dinner after work happen quickly.  And yep, paper plates.  
Salami
Pepperoni
Fresh mozzarella
Red onion, chopped
Grape tomatoes
Pepperoncini - I get them pre-sliced in the jar
All over butter lettuce with the garlic expressions dressing



This week's "menu:"
Monday - Kevin is grabbing sub in a tubs for us from Jersey Mikes and the kids will split a turkey sandwich or something.  
Tuesday - Sausage, egg and cheese breakfast casserole and mandarin oranges
Wednesday - Smoked sausage, sweet potato and brussels (adapted from sheet pan dinner
Thursday - Taco Salads

All of this I do ahead of time...so I'll make the casserole the night before.  I'll pre-chop everything for the sheet pan dinner.  And I'll cook the taco meet the night before.  I literally have to do everything in advance or we would never eat dinner after work.  

2 comments:

  1. My mom makes a similar salad and calls it Muffuletta Salad! She made a couple for Knox's birthday party and they were huge hits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the point of having two dishwashers if you are just going to use paper plates?

    ReplyDelete