Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Disney Day Three - Magic Kingdom

Friday morning was our big day -- Magic Kingdom!  Since Molly Anne spent the night with my parents, I ran over to their hotel super early to grab her so we could head to the park for the early magic hours!  My parents would meet us at the park a little later.  

We were on the bus by 7:15 and standing at the gates at 8am when the park opened!  A few things:

We found out about this trip about 45 days prior to going so even though we were on a Disney property and I could have booked fast passes 60 days out, we couldn't because we didn't have park tickets yet or a room confirmation number.  So I'm here to tell you that you can still do a wonderful Disney trip on your own, without planners and without any great fast passes or food reservations.  I got overwhelmed reading about how everyone and their mother used planners.  I'm here to tell ya - you don't have to!  

We had an absolute blast.  I read about everything and talked to a couple of friends who have little girls the same age as Molly Anne and I was ready to roll.  I made reservations for three character meals in advance (like 45 days in advance so didn't get the best times but whatever) and we got a few fast passes, otherwise, we rolled with it and had the philosophy - "anything we get to do will be more than we get to do if we weren't here!"

So was what we did in Magic Kingdom:
1.  8am - first stop was to meet Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall (Molly Anne informed me about a week before we left that Rapunzel was her favorite princess so I was a bit unprepared for this but became prepared last minute when I figured out how to meet her). 
2.  Went to the Fantasyland area of Magic Kingdom and ride as many things as we could during the early magic hours (we knocked out the Carousal, The Barnstormer, Under the Sea - Journey of The Little Mermaid, it's a small world).  
3.  We randomly did the Tomorrowland Speedway and that was fun
4.  Used our fast pass to Enchanted Tales with Belle
5.  Rode the Mad Tea Party with Poppa when he and Nannie arrived and also they had to ride the Carousal again too!
6.  11am - watched the Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party - Molly Anne LOVED this!
7.  Walked over to Adventureland for Dole Whip and a quick lunch at Tortuga Tavern
8.  We stood in line for about 30 minutes for Pirates of the Caribbean and had fun on that
9.  1:30pm - used our fast pass to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad because she and Kevin were dying to ride this together

































After the big roller coaster in which Molly Anne rode with her hands in the air and with Kevin and I having a death grip on her!  



We scooted back to the hotel by 2:30pm for naps and to regroup.  We had gone pretty hard since early that morning and needed to rest because a big night was in store.  About 5:30 my parents came back over to our hotel and we all went back to Magic Kingdom because we had late dinner reservations at Cinderella's Castle - The Royal Table!  Mom surprised us and had gotten the same pattern of Lilly dress so we were triple-lets as Molly Anne called us!  She was thrilled!








We strolled through Magic Kingdom, Molly Anne and my Dad rode the Carousel again.  We did Mickey's PhilharMagic which was cool.  


Molly Anne put on her Cinderella dress and yes, she was quite the princess!  Very humble ;)


Probably my favorite picture from the trip!









These two have ridden a million Carousel's together!  It's there thing for sure!



It was time for our 8:40pm reservation!  First, you meet Cinderella and get pictures taken!  PS - I'm glad we didn't buy the Memory Maker package where you pay like $150 (or maybe more?) and get to use the photographers throughout Disney.  I know a lot of people say to do it but I had my phone out anyway to capture the memory and honestly I didn't see a ton of photographers where I wanted pictures taken!  It was a good call to save on this little Disney thing. 



Cinderella was sooooooo sweet to Molly Anne, it made me teary!  It was absolutely adorable!  Molly Anne LOVED meeting all of the princesses but I think this encounter with Cinderella was her favorite!  Just so special. 





All of the princesses came by our table to say hello to her!  












We had a wonderful table by the windows and could see the famous fireworks as we sat in THE Castle!  I mean, how incredible right?!  It was SOOOO magical for Molly Anne and for us to watch her.  My parents LOVED seeing the magic in her eyes too.  That's exactly why they came, to experience this with us.  So, so cool!









As we were leaving, another show was wrapping up and there were even more fireworks!  





This was cute, Molly Anne in the stroller and Nannie in her scooter holding hands!  I just missed the perfect picture ha!



A special day indeed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment