Monday, October 8, 2018

Weekend - Soccer, Party

Well, I won zero parenting awards last week.  But ya know, sometimes that's how it goes.  It was  TOUGH parenting week in my world but I'm still thankful to get to do it.  Between Molly Anne's behavior issues and Grady's band, I basically felt like I failed at life!  BUT, it's always a new day the next day and I got lots of exercise in to keep my mind right.  

So Thursday afternoon when I picked her up, she started almost crying that her ear hurt.  Well, she has never in her life complained of ear pain so I picked up the phone right away and got the first appointment on Friday morning.  Grady was up in the middle of the night Thursday night for no reason and I was like oh gosh he has the crud too.  Wellllllll, I took them both to the doctor on Friday morning.  Grady was clear.  Molly Anne had a double ear infection and one of them was quite bad.  Yall....no wonder she acted like a nut last week - she didn't feel good.  Ahhhhh I felt terrible and I should have taken her to the doctor sooner, I just didn't know (she never had a fever).  I assumed her nose was just runny and she was fine.  Nope.  We took Grady to Becky's while the prescription got filled and she was a new little girl after only one dose!  Saturday she was much better.  


See this picture?  This was Friday morning.  She looks like she feels awful!



A well deserved pumpkin beer with a cinnamon sugar rim on Friday night.  I was so happy that she had medicine in her and they both were fine that night!






Saturday morning we checked on our new pumpkins (Molly Anne likes to go see them every day she comes home from school).  The stairs have new white mortar on them that hasn't faded to look like our house yet but will.  


Kevin took Molly Anne out to breakfast at our club while Grady and I walked a few miles around the hood.  His first trip in the big boy stroller!


But he ended up like this!  PS - I'm so proud of that right neck stretch by the way!  Physical Therapy and stretching every day has made that happen!






Grady and I cheered Molly Anne on for Soccer Saturday!  These girls are so sweet together.









Then I took both children to a birthday party for one of Molly Anne's friends. 






Saturday night our next door neighbor came over and we hung for an hour or two and we all hit the bed early.

Sunday morning we got out for a run in honor of our sweet Charlotte.  #CLTforCharlotte


Molly Anne has asking to go run with me for the longest time so we went and did it!  


Someone at our playground took our picture as we jogged through.  Molly Anne did really well running (and walking a lot too haha)!  We went about a mile!  She loves to run so I wonder if we will do races together like I did with my Dad?!



After a good nap we made a Halloween Chocolate House from a kit that my friend Sarah got us at Trader Joe's!



Then she said she wanted to go biking so she went upstairs and got herself dressed (including a matching bow in her hair!).  Grady observed from the stroller again and Kevin grilled us burgers for dinner.  



It was a busy but fun weekend!  Hope you all had a nice one too!  I'm ready for a busy week this week!  Molly Anne's school is closed today so she's at Ms. Becky's!  What would I do without Ms. Becky?!!

5 comments:

  1. OMG Molly Anne running is just about the cutest thing ever!!! And you are a great mom, don't be so hard on yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids are adorable!!! MA is getting so big so quick! I love that she likes to check on the pumpkins! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cinnamon sugar beer rim!!!!!! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be so hard on yourself! They haven't written that perfect parenting manual yet!! I can remember times when my son would get ear infections and I wouldn't know until I took him in for some other issue You are doing awesome!! Keep on doing what you are doing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, poor Molly Anne! I’m so glad she’s feeling better! Having a sick toddler is no fun, and you are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete