Monday, October 29, 2018

Box from Nannie and Poppa, Soccer and Out

Friday was super rainy here in Charlotte so after work and I grabbed the children, we had taco salads at home and called it a night!  Millsy had the right idea!  He is part human I swear. 



He is precious.  He sleeps so well. 



On Friday we had gotten a big box from my parents but she received so many treats at school that day, I saved the box for the next morning.  Molly Anne had a field day opening everything.  It was seriously like Christmas morning to her.  My Mom is too much and loves getting all of these fun things for she and Grady.  Kevin said while Molly Anne was opening everything - "you're going to do this same thing just like your Mom!"  Yes, he's right.  I bet spoiling grandchildren is the absolute best!  
















Getting Grady up from his morning nap!  Routine routine routine is what has made this boy like a creature of habit already!  He's soooo happy!


I took them both to soccer while Kevin worked Saturday morning and Molly Anne did really well.  She listened to Coach Katie and they pretended their cones and soccer balls were ice cream cones.  It was cute!  She even scored two goals during the scrimmage.  And I felt like for the first time, she understood playing defense and which goal to score in!  






After soccer, I took Grady home to Kevin and Molly Anne and I went to pick out a pumpkin to carve!  Grady took his afternoon nap and I let Molly Anne stay up as a special treat. 


We do this every year together and she loves it.  She wouldn't put her hands in the pumpkin and get messy!  She was SO proud of her Jack-o-lantern as she calls it.  I let her draw it and I cut it!



Saturday night we had plans with our next door neighbors.  I fixed Hilary and I a little cocktail that my friend Ashley told me about.  Tequila + a lemon lime sparkling water + a squeeze of lime!  A low calorie delicious beverage! 




We put the children to bed and met them at Porters House for some appetizers and drinks.  This apple drink was so amazing but the kind of drink that will catch up to you!



Good times!  Hard to find couple friends that the guys both like each other and the girls like each other.  Am I right?  We are thankful for Hilary and Drew!



I'll be back tomorrow with our Sunday Halloween festivities!

2 comments:

  1. Gifts from grandparents are the best! I'm sure she loved opening that box.

    ReplyDelete