Thursday, October 18, 2018

Random Thursday

1.  Answer to which beer was the winner of our taste testing?  Pumpkin by Foothills (used to be Cottonwood, thank you Nina!) and Pumking (these will put you on the floor but they're delicious!).  



2.  Our yard is getting aerated this week and yall should have seen me running around as I turned all of our sprinkler zones manually.  I got sprayed a few times I couldn't avoid them but I got them all marked so they don't run over them when doing our aeration.  And yes, I was impressed that I could figure out how to turn each irrigation zone on manually.  Google is a beautiful thing!


3.  Speaking of technology.  Tuesday I using the maps on my phone to get somewhere...I literally think I use it at least a few days a week around town.  I was remembering though when I started traveling for work, I had a basic cell phone and before I left for each trip, I had to meticulously print out every set of directions from mapquest.com for everywhere we were going.  That's how we got around.  Then GPS's got popular and I lived and breathed by that thing.  Thank goodness for a one stop shop on our phones now.  How will it be in another 15 years?!  Our cars will drive themselves!!


4.  A question from a few days ago - which app do I use to blog from my phone?  Blog Touch Pro is the one but honestly it isn't great - it's been crashing half of the time after I've spent the time to upload pictures.  I haven't found a good one that is easy to upload pictures from my phone.  Any suggestions?


5.  I've been keeping a list of things I want to get people for Christmas so if something pops in my head, I add it to the list.  Also, this is a way I remember what I get for everyone.  I have probably 8 years of Christmas lists so it's always fun to look back to get ideas.  Also, I write "done" next to it after I buy the gift.  I have some cute ideas for little Molly Anne so maybe I'll post those sometime soon.  Grady, not so much.  We have every toy known to man and don't need a thing.  I need to get creative for him.  Also he won't really get it all anyway haha! 


6.  Molly Anne is all about Halloween this year.  All the things!  A bunch of houses have decorated and she loves checking it all out - spiders and skeletons!  We did have to have a little chat about skeletons in her bed, bless her little heart.  But now she'll repeat what I said to reassure herself - "there are no skeletons, none, zero."  We had to discuss how they don't move and they're just for decoration.  She's fine with it all now.  Molly Anne is very much a talk it out kinda gal.  She's always better when she knows about things before they happen...she wants to be prepared.  


7.  I asked Molly Anne the other day if she knew how much I loved her and of course she said yes.  But I told her she won't REALLY know until she has children.  I asked her if she was going to have a baby one day and she said, "yes and it's going to be Grady!"  Haha!


1 comment:

  1. I am laughing about printing out all of the maps. Totally did that all the time. I feel like no one will have any sense of direction since we all demand on GPS!
    I keep a Christmas/gift list all year too. Every time people mention they need, want or like something I will write it down. Make it so much easier. Except my dad. He never says anything! Ha.

    ReplyDelete