Friday, October 26, 2018

Five on Friday - Dinner Out, Grady's Food Making

ONE:
Sometimes we go out for dinner in the middle of the week to kind of break up the work week a little bit!  Molly is still very big into being "twinsies" as she calls it!  Here we are in our Lilly dresses! ;) 

Hers in a different pattern // Mine in a different pattern






TWO:
Becky had to be off spur of the moment on Monday so Christine saved the day and came over to hang out with this sweet boy.  They went on long walks and Grady had so much fun he fell asleep on his playmat!  


THREE:
Mills has been warming up to hanging out with Grady these days.  Maybe it's because Grady is starting to acknowledge him more and Mills knows that Grady has two hands that will pet him! 



FOUR:
I can't even.  How will I ever discipline this child.  I think he will be Kevin's job to enforce the rules!



FIVE:
Been loving these little brie bites that I got at Teeter.  A good morning or afternoon snack. 






SIX:
I'm officially back on the train with baby food making.  I made all of Molly Anne's food (see post here) and I am doing the same for Grady.  It really takes no time at all and is easy to whip up.  I use this Baby Blender (I made the mistake of using my regular blender one time and it didn't work because there wasn't enough food to get out of the bottom!) and freeze each veggie in this tray.  And let me tell you how I do each veggie - 


Carrots - buy this can in the below picture, use a little of the juice and blend.
Sweet potato - buy the sweet potato at the grocery store in the plastic wrap.  Microwave.  Take the skin off.  Add some water and blend.  
Butternut squash - buy the frozen pack of cubed butternut squash. Steam.  Blend.
Green beans - buy the fresh green beans that are microwaveable.  Frozen would work too.  Cook then blend. 
Peas - buy the fresh peas that are frozen, steam in the microwave then blend.  


See, it's nothing fancy but I know exactly what Grady is eating with no added anything.  For fruits, I use the Dole fruits that come in 4 packs and just blend them right up.  One pack usually lasts for three meals.  I also give him the Gogo Applesauce pouches and feed him those with a spoon. 

I get a stash of the cubed pureed veggies and keep them in the freezer so when it's time to feed him in the most chaotic time of day, I just zap a cube in the microwave for 45 seconds and done.  

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Grady is just too cute! I also love MA and you twinning! Kudos to you too for making baby food. I seriously never got beyond bananas. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really is a freaking doll! Good tips on babyfood! Never thought to buy the frozen. Remind me of this in a few months. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes it’s so much easier than people think! If I can do it, anyone can!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Molly Anne look adorbs in your matching outfit! And I just love how Mills loves your kiddos! :)And I so wish I had this post when I was making baby food early this year.

    ReplyDelete