Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Weekend & Florida

On Saturday my friend from pre-school came to visit from Raleigh!

She has helped me so much with our house (she is an architect!) and we went right over there and she helped me decide on paint colors!


We hung out with these two.

Then had happy hour on our back patio!

And went to a yum dinner at Dogwood!  I had trout and she had the short rib!

It was fun to catch up!!

She headed back Sunday morning and I flew down to Florida that afternoon for a spur of the moment trip.  We had gotten word that my Uncle (Mom's brother) wasn't doing well on Thursday so Friday morning I booked a trip to go on Sunday. 

I met my parents in the Orlando airport and my brother drove in.  I found myself with my parents and brother in Port Orange, Florida sitting in a Jersey Mikes eating dinner at 8:45pm on Sunday night.  It was good to be with just the four of us (the original 4!) but weird not to have Kevin, Emily or the girls with us.  We spent time with Uncle Mac earlier that evening.  Yesterday morning we spent more time with him before I headed back to Charlotte and Clay drove back to Pawleys.  

Very thankful to have had that time with him.  We will hold on to the memories and good times.  We all got to have a great time back in May in Pawleys Island and will remember those as our last hurrah! 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry about your Uncle. It's great you all went down to be together. And sometimes just having the "original" family together is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your uncle, but I'm glad your family could have time together with him. I'm sure this is an especially difficult time for your mom. Thinking of you all and sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete