Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wedding Wednesday - Venue

You probably notice a little change to the ole blog.  I made the header and wanted to give it a Christmas feel.  Tis the season!
 
While Mom was here this past weekend, we got a ton of wedding related things accomplished. We visited the venue again, took pictures and will hopefully decide on colors soon.  I ordered some swatches from Lula Kate for bridesmaid's dresses and we'll take them over to the City Club to decide for sure.

I don't want to spoil everything but here are some pictures...they were set up for Thanksgiving dinner.

Ballroom where the dancing will happen!

The Charlotte City Club is on the top two floors of one of the high rise buildings uptown Charlotte.  There are skyline views all around which will be perfect for our out of town guests and even some Charlotteans.  We'll get to see the sun set as the reception begins.

The room above overlooks the Avenue which is where Kevin and I met and live (separately!). 

It simply felt right to have our reception here at City Club.   

19 comments:

  1. LOVE the venue! So glad you picked it!! What a BIG check mark off your list!

    Also - your new header is so festive. I always manage to screw up my entire blog whenever I try to change things. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The venue...how exciting! I got a Lula Kate dress at a sample sale...it was a couple sizes too big but the price was worth having it altered! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That staircase is beautiful! Of course everything else is, too, but you will get wonderful pictures on it. The new blog look is cute and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was there a few weeks ago and thought of you! Going to be GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! you will have such a glamourous wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayyy! I'm so so glad that you found your perfect venue! What a relief to be able to cross that off your list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous venue! So perfect for you two. Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect! The Mister and I had our first date there, almost 8 years ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!! So exciting. This wedding will be fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for all the comments! I have been a bad blogger this week when it came to checking others, so now I'm catching up. I really like the new header, super cute! The venue seems to be PERFECT for y'all- I think it really captures who y'all are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finally catching up on your blog! Love these photos. This place is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the new header! so cute! and the venue is absolutely gorgeous -- congrats!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great venue! It looks so classy and historic without being stuffy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. the venue is just beautiful! I love it.

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete