Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

Hey friends, long time no talk!  Hope you all got to "unplug" a little bit this weekend to enjoy family and/or friends.

My parents came down from Maryland on Wednesday evening.  Kevin came home from work and we had some cocktails and chili to start the weekend!

Thursday morning early, Dad and I went for an 8 mile run...he had to ride Kevin's bike since he claims I hurt his knee this time last year on our jog.  Ha!  But it was still great to get out and about.

We went over to our wedding reception venue to take some pictures so we can decide on colors.  Mid day, we headed down to Kevin's parent's club for Thanksgiving lunch/dinner.  Yes, Brittany still hadn't had their baby (she's on the left)....but keep reading! 

Thursday evening Mom and I got my Christmas decorations out and got to work!

Friday brought an early morning as I picked Mom up at their hotel at 6:45am.  We started our trek around Southpark and went to 17 different stores and shops!

We put up a few more Christmas decorations and hung out at my place.  I made some dinner that night and we discussed some more wedding plans!  Have to take advantage of having my parents in town!

Mom and Kevin being silly!

Saturday morning came early as we had heard around 10pm the night before that Brittany and Joe were headed to the hospital as Brittany was in labor.  I drove down to the hospital around 5am since she had just had her epidural, we knew it was coming soon!  I ended up having to leave about 30 minutes before baby Kendall was born.  Yall, Kendall is beautiful and she deserves her own blog post! Tomorrow!

I surprised Mom with a wash and blow dry hair appointment on Saturday morning at my salon.  I wanted her to feel special for the first time I tried on wedding dresses.  And as an added bonus, she got to meet the sweet gal that will be doing hers and my wedding hair-do! 

Saturday afternoon we had lunch with Dad and we drove around Charlotte and checked out some houses Kevin and I have been looking at.  It was awesome to get his and mom's opinion.  Mom has expensive taste, but we all already knew that.  She and I always pick out the same things! ;)

Kevin and my Dad went down to Kevin's office for my Dad to help him with some computer things.  Mom and I went to try on wedding gowns!!!!  Yall - it was the most fun wedding thing we've done so far!  I think I may have found it but since we have some extra time, I am going to go try on one other place.  Plus, I want Kevin's Mom to have the opportunity to see some on me too.  She wasn't able to come Saturday since she had become a grandmother that morning! :)

Saturday evening, we went to Aria in uptown Charlotte with Kevin's parents.  We got to sit at the Chef's table which is in the kitchen.  Very cool and I highly recommend!

Kevin with his parents and my parents and I.

Our annual little Christmas tree picture in the Bank of America Corporate Center.
Yesterday, Kevin and I headed down to the hospital after my parents left and spent lots of time with baby Kendall!  So addicting holding her!  Can't get enough!

Okay okay, I must share a some pictures of Kendall, I can't wait until tomorrow!


Melt my heart...

Kendall and I

Lots more pictures tomorrow!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like you had a fun-filled jam-packed time with friends and family! New babies are such a sweet gift. I can hardly wait for you to get your dress! Of course, it will be quite a while before your readers get to see it. ;) XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like you had a fun-filled jam-packed time with friends and family! New babies are such a sweet gift. I can hardly wait for you to get your dress! Of course, it will be quite a while before your readers get to see it. ;) XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a wonderful and relaxing weekend. I love the pictures of baby, Kendell. She's so precious and perfect. Congrats to the new Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Congrats to the new Mommy! Glad you were able to get into the City Club and get pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! It sounds like you had such a great weekend with your family! Baby Kendall is too precious! I can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a busy but fun Thanksgiving! I love all of your outfits, and I can't wait to hear about your wedding dress adventures! I'm sad mines over now that I've found THE dress, but so excited that I finally decided on one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a weekend! It is awesome that your parents were able to come down. From Thanksgiving to shopping, great food, wedding dresses and an adorable (soon to be )niece you were busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an amazing weekend!! so glad you had so much good family time, and shopping time, and wedding fun too!! have a lovely week!! oh, i want to see what goodies you got!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you guys had lots of fun and did lots of shopping! And Congrats on the little niece!

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete