Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Perfect Lil Weekend

Today and tomorrow I'm flying up north for work.  Talk about bad timing for a meeting...on the busiest travel day in the country.  Eeps!

So yall know those weekends where you run rampade trying to get a million things done and see everyone you know?  And you feel like you never have time to get things accomplished in your own house?

Ahhh, that's been ours for every weekend since early summer I think.  Until this weekend. 

We didn't go out either night.  I got to go on a long run Saturday morning.  Kevin got some work done while he laid in bed.  I didn't even see him until about noon on Saturday.  We had our Avenue Thanksgiving lunch on the 10th floor so I made a dish for that.  Then I wrapped Christmas gifts that afternoon and did a few loads of laundry.  We went to dinner with his parents then drove around looking at houses.  So nice. 

Sunday I cleaned like a crazy lady and my house is pretty spic and span.  We watched church on TV then lots of football.  We did venture out to Ikea for about 30 minutes and to the Teeter on the way back.  Then I made some Corn Chowder for dinner.  Kevin packed our breakfast and lunch for the next day.

Just an easy Sunday where we got things done and I felt ready for the week ahead. 

It should be like that more often.

6 comments:

  1. Don't you just love when you feel like you are getting so much accomplished? Nothing feels better than to have all the mess out of the way to start a new week! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are traveling tomorrow too! ugh.. i dread it but am excited about getting out town!
    Sucks about your work travel though!
    Thanks for your Tweet yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it is so nice to have weekends like that! Weekends are always so hectic and crazy, so it's so nice to relax and do nothing once in a while. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to just get some errands accomplished some times!

    ReplyDelete