Thursday, November 17, 2011

Rainy Run and Cheesy Potato Casserole

Tara and I started the day off right with a good run.  It wasn't rainy when we first began but the leaves on the sidewalk were really wet and slippery.  We were careful though.  Then when we were almost home, it started getting super windy and then it was all out downpour.  We got home just in time!  There aren't too many mornings left when you can wear short sleeve shirts and shorts so we're taking advantage of them!

Last night I made a casserole for a Thanksgiving Pot Luck that we're having at work today.  It isn't very Thanksgiving-ish because everyone else was already making that stuff but I thought everyone would like this.  I've made it twice before and it's been a hit every time.  Pretty easy too!

Cheesy Potato Casserole  - by my 'home home' next door neighbor!

7 medium potatoes (2 lbs)
1/4 c. butter melted
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 - 8oz. sour cream
1 - 10 3/4 oz. can of cream of chicken soup undiluted
2 c (8oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
3 T butter
1 1/2 c herb seasoned stuffing mix

Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 30 minutes or until tender.  Drain - let cool to touch.  Peel and cut into 1/4" strips.  Set aside.  Combine 1/4c butter melted and next 5 ingredients in large bowl; gently stir in potatoes and cheese.  Spoon into lightly greased 9x13 baking dish.  Combine 3T of butter and stuffing mix.  Sprinkle over potato mixture.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.  8 servings.

Since we don't have an oven here at work, I just cooked it last night and today I'll heat it in the microwave for a long time.  It's hard to mess up potatoes and cheese, ha!

8 comments:

  1. That does looks delish and low cal too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds so good! I have a thanksgiving potluck on sunday and this is a great option! great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly! I'm printing this out NOW. I am so hungry right now, and I'm off all next week. MUST. EAST. CHEESY. POTATO. CASSEROLE. NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this looks so good! I seriously need to make it ASAP! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh myyy this looks so so good. I really want to make this when I'm home for Thanksgiving break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never go wrong with cheese and potatoes! It looks yummy. I bet it was perfect to take to work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum! So jealous to hear you are still having nice weather, it is freezing in Virginia!

    ReplyDelete