Monday, July 9, 2018

Grady is Two Months

Grady is two months already!  Full disclosure, these pictures were taken on the 5th before we left to come to Maryland.  

His well check is the 23rd so I’ll update stats then but as of the 5th he weighs 12 pounds, 6 ounces with a onesie on!  He is wearing 3-6 month clothes and size 1 diapers.  



He is taking 4 ounce bottles and sometimes 5 ounces.  I always try to make sure he has a 5 ounce before bed and in the middle of the night. 



Starting at 6 weeks, 5 days he started only getting up once a night!!  Thank goodness.  That was also the last week we had Jen the night nurse come.  Jen was such a lifesaver. She ended up coming five times total and getting those full nights of sleep were so amazing.  She would come from 10pm-6am. Kevin let her in at 10 and I had gone to bed by 9.  It worked out so well.  I always set my alarm for 5:50am to get up.  Those next days I was always so productive!



He isn’t on a huge nap schedule yet but always takes one long nap in his crib early afternoons.  Most days it’s two hours.  I did take the plunge and give him a paci but only at the 7pm witching hour.  It never stays in though so he isn’t too reliant on it.  That witching hour is rough.  I hope the end to that is soon and very soon.  Although i know it probably isn’t.  




He is sooo sweet and much more alert now.  I do think since he was born a couple weeks early he’s a little slower developing on some things.  Not much though.  We are working on tummy time a lot more than I did with Molly Anne. I’m sooo paranoid about him needing a band for his head like she did.  I know it’s not the end of the world, but I just don’t want to do it if I can avoid it.




I swapped to a Velcro swaddle and that’s working well.  At this point Molly Anne wasn’t swaddled but that’s what Grady needs.  Grady is hot natured just like Molly Anne (if not more!) so I feel terrible him sweating in a swaddle.  He probably won’t wear any of the footies I got for him.  He’s in Kissy Kissy gowns to sleep in which I think are soooo sweet and they’re thin and light for him.


This week I started backing up his bedtime to be earlier and I’m doing this in 15 minute increments and changing the time every few days.  Right now we start bath at 7:45, do bottle at 8 and bed by 8:30. He will usually sleep until somewhere between 1:30-2:30.  I feed him then and then he will wake around 6:30/6:45.  



And of course this one couldn’t miss having her picture taken with her bunny, like old times!  No panties either haha!

5 comments:

  1. Aww, he’s getting so big! I’m glad that he’s sleeping better and you’re feeling like he’s more on a schedule that works for you. Those first few weeks are so tough and tiring, even though they are so precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! And a schedule and structure help everyone!

      Delete
  2. 2 months already!?!? Also, random but Trav's good friend Grady's birthday is today! How fun that the 2 Gradys I know were both born on the 9th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow he really looks a lot like your dad to me now. You have two cuties on your hands that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete