Monday, May 15, 2023

Mother’s Day Weekend at the Beach

We had a fabulous weekend at the beach. Before we went I got to go to Grady’s school for my last Muffins with Mom! It’s always a favorite to attend and the children are super cute. They sung an alphabet song and each letter stood for a letter that describes their mom. It was adorable.  


These are always a fav too. Yes I’m 24 and for fun I like to work at home! Hahah


We took Molly Anne out of school a couple of hours early. It is way easier to do that because then we get to the beach and still have time to go to dinner. It feels much longer of a weekend.

We went to the beach to check on our new deck as well. They are almost finished and what a relief it will be to have that much safer. The wood was original to the house and had lots of rusty nails. We get afternoon sun on the back of the house so that wears it down faster too. So, we had the whole thing torn down, stairs as well, and replaced with a trex type material by Fiberon. It is so much nicer and will be maintenance free. Here is Grady watching the guys work!


We headed over to Jinks for dinner to meet an old friend of Kevin’s, Dan and his girlfriend Tanya. It was nice to meet her and we enjoyed hanging out with them all weekend. 


My two loves!


It was a gorgeous night on our back porch watching the sun set. 


Saturday morning I took walk/ran down to the groin which I’ve been wanting to do. It’s about 5 miles round trip but it’s beautiful. I walked down on the beach and ran back on the road. I saw a couple of friends on the way which is always nice. Then I took the kids to the arcade. Well of course. This picture of Molly Anne on the machine cracks me up. 


We scooted out to the beach and hung the rest of the day. These four don’t even know how good they have it! They played for hours, ate sunset slush and had the time of their life. Beach people!


Came home to put some handprints into the concrete that had to be poured for our steps. 



And then we went kayaking. Talk about a workout with the current in the canals. It’s very fun though. My parents gave me this for Christmas. I need to get a life jacket then we will go further! The kids love it. 


Cocktail hour! Mills is so happy here. 




We went to Hilary and Drew’s for smash burgers on their blackstone for dinner. Delish as always. 


Sunday morning I took Mills out on the beach. He hadn’t been since January when the bone cancer stuff started. They didn’t want him exercising too much and then he had an open wound for so long. He was sooooo happy to be out there.  

The kids both slept until 9:30am so that was amazing. They gave me the sweetest cards and so did Kevin. 






We cruised back to charlotte and flowers from my parents were here!



Kevin’s parents and brother came over for take out Chinese. That was fun and easy. Grady and Nana. He is soooo sweet and lovable. 


It was a great day and now let the week commence! Summer swim starts today so here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment