Friday, May 5, 2023

Five on Friday - tennis, lunch, mills

Oh my y’all. I’ve been on overload this week but I’m hanging. Worked too late last night but got so much done. I do my best work after my people are in bed and the work day is over. It’s like I can finally focus on my actual work…not just dodging all of the emails and my phone ringing off the hook all day. I also traveled one day this week. Easy ride though. 

Another thing I did was clean my office out. I had project binders on my bookshelves that I completed almost 10 years ago. So I boxed them up and will send them to off site storage. It’s sooo nice to have a cleaned up office. Makes my brain feel much less cluttered.

1. This boy is on a mission to get rid of training wheels. This is about the same time that Molly Anne go rid of them - just shy of their fifth birthday. We shall see!


2. We had our last match of the season on Tuesday night. I played singles and won the first set 6-2. Lost the second 2-6. Then lost the tie breaker 12-14! Crazy right?! I hate losing! But this is all for fun so it’s fine! I did win my other four matches this season so there’s that. Emily, Allie, Jill, Nichole, me and Golin


3. I got to surprise Molly Anne for lunch this past Tuesday and they happened to be celebrating her summer birthday. I had no idea this was going on but my timing sure worked out. I hadn’t been to have lunch with her in the longest time because I always have meetings at her early lunch hour. This time I finished a call in the parking lot before I walked in. But it was so fun being with her and all of her friends. And bonus - her teacher got to go eat in peace in her classroom!


4. Another bonus - I got to see the bulletin board of animals by the 2nd graders. Molly Anne was so proud that Mills was up there! 



5. We got good news on the puppy this week. They think his radiated leg is looking like it should (quite gnarly on X-rays) and the cancer has not spread to his lungs. They were also concerned about a spot on his shoulder but after more x rays, they’re not now. Whew. Day by day friends. He still has a cone on for the ruptured cyst. We are trying to get that to close so he doesn’t have to have surgery. He’s more maintenance than both of my kids combined!


Happy cinco de mayo! The weather says 70% chance of rain on Saturday so who knows if Grady’s game will happen. It’s truly rained every Saturday this Spring! Fingers crossed. Talk soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment