Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Day In The Life

I never want to forget these days because even though I’m in the thick of it, it is so wonderful! Here it goes with not many pretty pictures!

6:06am - my alarm went off. I got up and mostly ready (hair and makeup) before Molly Anne’s alarm went off at 6:15am. I wear workout clothes until she is at school. 

6:15am - Molly Anne woke up and got herself ready. I don’t do much with her because I always lay out her outfit the night before. She primps her own hair etc!

6:30am - we went downstairs and she eats. Sometimes Grady is up and he gets himself dressed too and he comes to eat with Molly Anne. 

6:58am - we are out the door to take Molly Anne to school. Grady comes with us about 75% of the time. Carline picture when she was holding was “pi” is on March 14th!



7:10am - back from school and then we had about 30-35 minutes. I wrapped up m the kitchen, serviced mills and changed into work clothes. Most times Grady eats more when we come back from taking Molly Anne. He’s never full in the morning no matter how much I give him! 

7:45am - out the door with Grady to take him to school. First we stopped at the UPS store which is a very common occurance. We had to take his scooter there that broke! Then off to his school which is about 15 minutes towards my office. 



8:20am - I walked him into school then I was back in my car 10 minutes later. That was a record…usually I spend too much time talking to teachers or friends.

8:45am - at this point, I’m driving and I blast my music loudly to get ready for the day. I sometimes make calls for work to knock things out. I finally made it to my office in the southpark area of Charlotte. 

Work work work. 

12:45pm - I decided I needed to eat lunch so I ordered Yafo from my desk then just ran to pick it up. Ate at my desk while doing other things. 

1:00pm - the HVAC guys showed up at our beach house so my neighbor let them in. Note to self - find out what they fixed and pay them. 

2:00pm - Julie picked up Molly Anne from school and brought her home to do homework etc. Julie also unpacks and repacks Molly Anne’s lunch. It’s amazingggg. 

2:30pm - well I had to scoot out of my office extra early because swim team started on Monday and I’m trying to figure out that schedule. It’s only for a few weeks that I have to leave before 3. I grabbed Grady, got home and had him change into his swim suit. 

Work continues on my phone. It’s never ending with what I do. My phone rings constantly and the emails are plentiful…that’s a nice way to say it.

3:40pm - we were back out the door for swim team from 3:45-4:15.  

4:00pm - Julie leaves but on her way out, she dropped Molly Anne at the neighborhood pool for her swim team practice 4:15-5:00. 

4:30pm - I left Molly Anne at swim and took Grady home to get him fed and dressed for teeball pictures and practice. My friend Natasha brought her home. 

5:30pm - we had all eaten a quiche that I made the night before that I popped in the oven. Grady and I left for pictures. The traffic has been horrendous due to construction and I didn’t want to be late. 

6:15pm - pictures and practice for Grady. Meanwhile, Molly Anne was hanging with Kevin and getting her act together after swim. I got some work stuff done during practice. 




7:30pm - we got home and I did about 50 things while Kevin got Grady bathed and ready for bed. I had to fix our irrigation, clean up the kitchen counters, water the flowers, start a load of laundry, start the dishwasher add a note to Molly Anne’s lunchbox, do a couple of work things and clean up junk downstairs. 

8:00pm - I put Grady to bed (usually his bedtime is 7pm but teeball messed that up). Molly Anne was already in bed by 7:45pm and was reading more at 8pm when she shouldn’t have been. She will read an entire book every night if I let her. 

8:00pm - I worked for about an hour and a half. Then I took a shower and wrapped a birthday present for one of Grady’s friends to give later this week. Thank you Amazon for that delivery. 

9:45pm - I’m laying in bed typing this. 

10:00pm - goodnight! 6am comes early and I require 8 hours of sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Love a good "Day in the Life" post! Really love knowing I am not the only Mom who takes work calls and answers emails while at activities!

    ReplyDelete