Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Questions and Answers

Ally tagged me awhile back on this and I haven't done anything like it in awhile so I thought it'd be fun to answer a few questions!  

Why did you start blogging?  
My friend Suz blogged so through her I got into reading blogs back in 2008.  In July 2009, I decided to blog my life because I don't remember anything I do (which is nuts but I really don't!). Kevin and I had just started dating earlier that year.  It just seemed like the perfect time to start one. He encouraged me as he thought it would be a good outlet.  So, I got on Blogger and created the most basic blog ever.  And it still is today.  I never wanted it to be fancy.  I still only know how to do a few things on Blogger and I'm cool with that.  It's all I need. 

Has blogging created friendships for you?
Oh yes and I'm so thankful!  Here in Charlotte and across to LA!  Not many of my local friends still blog but we all hang out all the time. 

What is your number one tip for blogging?
Be yourself and make it be what you want.  Don't care what anyone else thinks.  

What is your favorite kind of blog post to write and read?
The 'what I did last weekend' post.  I like getting glimpses into people's real life.  

Is it hard to keep up with blogging and your regular every day life?
Not really because I don't do fancy collages or link up a bunch of things.  I just post pictures and write.  I can do it at a stoplight on my phone if I have to. I don't usually spend much time on a post, but that's my whole point on blogging. Make it be what you want.  And all I care about is documenting our little life. 

Have you met any bloggers in real life?
Well I won't count the Charlotte gals because there are too many to name but I've hosted a blogger ornament exchange posted about here, a blogger cookout here and we all went uptown for dinner and the post about that is here.  I've met Ally at an event in Florida.  Megan in Charleston. Glitterista in Cleveland. Allie in Richmond.  Jess in DC.  Margot in NYC (she used to live in Charlotte and we were friends before blogging).  The Company She Keeps.  Trishy in New Orleans.  Erin at Erin Akin Carroll.  Hopsy in Dallas.    

How much time do you spend blogging?
Not much time at all.  It's so convenient from the Blogger app!  

What is your most popular blog post?
Best Buddies post! 

What is your favorite post on your blog?
I have two!  Announcing that Molly Anne had been born and our engagement!

6 comments:

  1. Ahh, I miss it sometimes! (More recently because I'm in a slow phase at work... my fingers just wanna type!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, and love the snapshot into your sweet life thru your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you - I like keeping things simple. It's just a fun outlet - no more and no less to me. Love seeing what Molly Anne and Mills are up to everyday, what a cute duo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I started in 2009 also, hence my simple blog layout. Not trying to be fancy or sell anything. Or, do anything at all since I haven't been blogging! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I started in 2009 also, hence my simple blog layout. Not trying to be fancy or sell anything. Or, do anything at all since I haven't been blogging! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the glimpses into everyday life the best too. Obviously, my blog is really basic too, but I like it that way. I'm pretty amazed at how much I forget too, and having a blog is a great record!

    ReplyDelete