Friday, August 6, 2010

Tax Free Weekend

Do you all ever have those nights where you just want to do your own thing?  Last night was that for me.  I needed to go up to Concord Mills (outlet mall) to pick up a couple things and I ended up getting stuck in there because it was raining SO hard.  I walked into Saks Off 5th and this dress was on the clearance rack only in my size.  Umm hello, I've loved you since you came out in 2009.  On sale for $137.99 from $328. 
Not only was it on major sale, the clearance was buy one get one free. They also had a cute pair of flowy Lilly pants that would be perfect for a low key night at the beach.  The dress was missing some beading off the back near the neck and the most they would give me was 15% off and I didn't think I could get it fixed for the amount off so I passed.  I hope I don't regret that decision!!!  I could have had a $328 dress and also a pair of pants for $125 total.  Ahh, oh well, it must not have been meant to be.

Today starts Tax Free Weekend on clothes and school supplies in North Carolina.  The clothes have to be under $100 for a piece to get the tax off.  I also got an email from the lady in the Lilly department at Belk and they moved a rack from 40% off to 60% off so I may go over there at lunch if I have time.  I always think I'm going to get something but then I realize I shouldn't and need to save, save, save!  But it is fun to window shop!

8 comments:

  1. It's tax free weekend in VA, too. I'm going to Richmond tomorrow to celebrate! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I think I may have had to buy the dress anyway. Soo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love Katherine at Belk's? She is so sweet and so helpful. Sorry things did not work out about the dress, but you would have hated not to be able to get it fixed. I have on my Lilly shift dress right now. I love my Lilly. Enjoy your weekend. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know you love some Lilly when you get personal emails from the Lilly department at Belk. Haha. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alrighty, girl!! You rock on finding the deals! What a great way to start the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope we can make it work to see each other this weekend! With that reminder about tax free weekend I might have to run over to South Park on Sat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dress is cute, but you weren't supposed to have it! You'll find something fun soon that will replace it!!

    ReplyDelete