Thursday, August 23, 2012

Our Meals Lately

Farmer's Market Delight Meal
Fresh corn, fresh okra (best grilled but I sauted - just put some olive oil and season with salt/pepper and grill) and stuffed peppers.  For the stuffed peppers, I combined a can of drained diced tomatoes, can of black beans drained and rinsed, small can of green chiles, (supposed to do corn but since I was serving it on the side, I didn't), salt/pepper, garlic powder, a little enchilada sauce.  All of this goes into the peppers, top with mexi cheese and bake at 350 for 50 minutes.  I used to boil the peppers for 2 minutes first and I didn't do that this time but I recommend it, then cut back on the baking time. 

Also, Kevin likes meat in his meals and I probably should have added a little sausage to this.  It would have made it a lot better.  Also some italian breadcrumbs may have given it a lil more zip. 


Clean Out Your Fridge Salad
I know yall are loving my meal titles haha! 

This salad has lots of goodies in it.  Spinach, butter lettuce, artichokes, garbanzo beans, avocado, celery, carrots, fresh tomatoes, cracked pepper and topped with Brianna's Artichoke Dressing.  My friend Elena told me about the dressing and it's SO good.  Plus the avocado and beans make this salad super filling.


Lasagna Roll Ups
This was a complete Sunday night splurge meal but it was so tasty and was great for leftovers.  I'm sure you all have seen it on Pinterest.  Here is the link.

4 comments:

  1. All of Brianna's salad dressings are SO good! I love seeing what people cook throughout the week. Gives me great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try that salad dressing!

    I'll definitely be recreating your stuffed peppers sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lasagna roll-ups look yummmmyy!! Maybe I'll make them for my fam this week :)

    ReplyDelete