Thursday, August 2, 2012

J. Crew Gift Card

Remember I told you all that J. Crew randomly sent me a $50 gift card here

Well the mall was closed due to the roof collapsing last week but they finally reopened and I got over there on Monday of this week during lunch. 

The best part of the free personal stylists is that you tell them what you're looking for and your sizes over the phone so when you get there, everything for you to try on is already in the oversized dressing room.  It made for a quick trip!

I got the below top.  It is something I can wear to work and also out at nights.  At first I was nervous about all of the pleats especially since the tag says dry clean only but I took it to my dry cleaners and she said it wouldn't be crazy expensive to dry clean.  Okay so I have had a bad experience with a pleated skirt costing almost $40 to dry clean.  I was not going to do that for a cotton tank.  SO I checked just in case.

via
 Note to self, don't ever put a picture of you below a model wearing the same top ever again. 

Today I'm wearing it with my black suit pants found here that I'm obsessed with and a white cardigan for being inside a work place (must be very conservative!).  Highly recommend if you're in the market.  You know how dry cleaning tears the inside linings of pants apart?  These don't have lining and don't need it.   They're the perfect weight for wearing year round.


7 comments:

  1. Love the color on you! I got angry at J. Crew this week because I tried on three tops in my normal size...and they were too small! The guy working told me they've been hearing that, but it didn't make me feel any better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color and the shirt style is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveeee that color on you!! It goes perfectly with your hair. And I'm glad it won't cost a fortune to dry clean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um that is so smart to check the dry cleaning price before you take off the tags! Great tip!

    KK

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this shirt and saw it in the catalog but cannot find it online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh love that top so much!! great color on you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete