Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wedding Wednesday - Asking Bridesmaids

I knew I wanted to ask my bridesmaids in a non-traditional way.  Well not necessarily non-traditional but just something with an extra kick.

So a few days after we got engaged, I headed over to my favorite place for invitations - Buttercup.

They had these cards that were super cute and I had seen the saying online that I wanted so I brought that with me. 

"Dear XXX,

Through the in's and out's
and thick and thin
no matter what's happened
there you've been.

So please stand by my side
when I say "I Do"
for I wouldn't be me
without a friend like you!

Love, Annie"

For my in town girls, I gave the card in person.  I went out with each of them separately to give them or they were at my condo.

For my out of town girls, I told them to expect some mail and surprised them with it! 

Both ways were super fun and I loved giving them!   

How did you ask or do you think you'll ask your ladies?!

9 comments:

Michelle Shuck said...

So cute! I love those & such a sweet saying!!

I asked my girls by mailing them a card or giving it in person. On the front of the card I pasted a hideous bridesmaid's dress and wrote "If I promise not to make you wear this...." and then on the inside it said "will you please be my bridesmaid?" It was so fun :)

Carolina Charm said...

I LOOOOOVE them! Buttercup never disappoints!

Mariel said...

I wish I had sent cards, but I was too excited! The day we got engaged, I called each of them and said "WILL YOU BE MY BRIDESMAID?" when they picked up...they all were kind of like "huh?" before they got it :)

Shrimp and Glitz said...

I had those same invitations for my Bridal Luncheon! :)

Portuguese Prepster said...

Those are gorgeous! Love the idea!

Dee Stephens said...

LOVE the card!!!

Giovanna said...

Sooo cute!! Definitely going to have to remember this! Adorbs!

xx
Giovanna
www.oliveandanarrow.com

Sundresses and Smiles said...

Such cute cards--I love the pink and green!

Glitterista said...

I love these! Such a cute and heartfelt sentiment as well. :)