Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Going crazy this week!

Welcome to Kevin's condo with all of my stuff in it. 
 
Welcome to what it's like to move out of your condo so it can be "hotel like" for your Democratic National Convention rental.
 
Welcome to life in limbo for at least two weeks.
 

So the process began last Thursday after I returned from two VERY long days in the car working.  We drove 1400 miles in two days.  That includes the West Virginia back roads that we're not going 70 mph or even 30 mph.  It was actually fun though and I learned a lot.  We started at 4am on Wednesday and I returned home Wednesday night/Thursday morning at 2am.  When I woke up on Thursday morning, I started packing to move out. 

I don't entirely have to move our persay but I have to take all valuables.  To me that means my whole place, haha.  All of my brass and silver candleholders.  All of my frames.  All of my liquor.  All of my special clothes.  All of my perfume and bath stuff.  Obviously all of my jewelry.  It's actually a lot more stuff than I thought. 

In the mean time, I was gone all last weekend in Charleston.  I was home yesterday so Kevin and I got more packing done last night.  Today and tomorrow I'm in Tennessee.  Thursday I will finish up while packing for Maryland on Friday morning.  My life is in pure chaos right now.

Oh, did I mention it's still on the market so I have to keep it presentable at all times?  ....while moving out for the DNC and while packing/unpacking for the three trips I've been on/going on these couple of weeks? 

And I'm still trying to get over the fact that some random person/couple will be staying in my place.  I'm pretty weirded out by it.  I don't like people touching my stuff.  I'm going to be a cleaning crazy lady when they leave.  And they better not take my stuff I'm leaving behind. 

Okay I'm done complaining.  I just feel like my brain is fried with all of the stuff I'm trying to remember to do in the short time I have to do it.  The number of things on my list is out of control but I am good because I have a list. 

It'll get done.  And don't feel too badly for me.  This whole moving out for the DNC thing is well worth it!


6 comments:

  1. That would stress me out as well. I didn't even think of moving out for that! Makes so much sense...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome that you get to rent out your place though, even if it's to a random couple. ha. I wish my house were closer to uptown, I'd rent it in a second!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The $$ will make it worth it! I would be annoyed beyond belief though too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything works out OK!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Focus on the renters' check ... ha! :) It will make it all better!

    Your travel schedule makes me tired just reading it -- good luck, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh! this is exhausting! i didnt even think of cleaning out all your valuables! you are one busy gal! safe travels this weekend!

    ReplyDelete