Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Not Drastic

A new year seems like a good time to regroup and revamp your life. I love the feeling of newness. Mostly I like organizing and the excitement of a new year. I like starting fresh at work. I like a quiet month of January to get my world put back together at home after the chaos of the holidays.

I'm not a resolution or big change kind of person. I don't do drastic stuff well. Mostly because these type of things are not sustainable to me. I'm glad they are for some people but they're not for me. 

I'd rather live with moderation year round instead of dry January. I'd rather exercise 3-4 days a week year round instead of like a nut for two months. I've always said this but I'm kind of an 'in the middle' type person. I'm not all in or all out. Kind of odd for an engineer who thinks black or white all of the time. I don't know. 

My philosophy is more that it is a marathon not a sprint. Take care of yourself all of the time instead of making yourself miserable by eating 1,000 calories and doing nothing fun for a month. 

But I also realize that people operate differently. Thank goodness because that's what makes the word go round. Now go do big things for yourself this year, whatever that looks like. Go live!

In other news, who is shopping the Lilly sale today?!

No comments:

Post a Comment