Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Five and Eight

I really do think I'm in this good period of having kids that are ages 5 and 8. I think it's this sweet little spot of after all the baby and toddler stuff and before all of the harder stuff as they get older. 

I'm the first to tell you - I'm not a baby person. Although of course I did love my own kids when they were babies. Haha!! 

Grady was HARD when he was younger. All of the reflux and crying and nebulizer and croup and alllll of those things. I'm so glad I trusted my gut and took that boy to the pediatric immunologist. Speaking of, he had a check in on his bloodwork last week and looking good on all of that.

Anyway! Molly Anne was easier when younger but definitely harder now. Lots of feelings there, like us girls have!  

Day to day, they don't need me as much now. They can buckle their own seatbelts, take their own baths, wake up with Alexa each morning and get dressed on their own. They could make their own food I'm sure daily as well but I doubt it'd be the healthiest!! They're easy to travel with. All of those things!

They are super close and look out for one another. They back each other up. Grady always asks for an extra of whatever for Molly Anne. Don't get me wrong, they have their moments but they LOVE each other. 

It's just a really special time and I'm so thankful. I'm thankful for each of them. And for their relationship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment