Thursday, January 14, 2021

Crib to Big Boy Bed

I think this transition was harder on me than anyone and in these instances, I just have to rip the bandaid off and get it done. No more crib in our house!!  AHHH.  

We ordered Grady's new bed a couple of weeks ago and Sunday was the delivery date.  I knew it was approaching but I had no concrete plans of how the transition was going to go.  Both of my kids did Moms on Call so they both are good sleepers.  There were zero issues with Molly Anne moving to a big girl bed when she was 2.5 so I didn't expect any with Grady either.  

And guess what, there weren't!  He stayed right in his bed for a 3 hour nap on Sunday and waited for me to come in and get him. I've always learned that when they do this transition, I must be very prompt when they wake up to go right in to get them.  That way they don't get up and wander around and think that's okay to do. So I'll be in this stage of getting to him quickly after he wakes up until he is officially trained to know to not get out of that bed!  We don't need him wandering around in the middle of the night!  I expect it'll take a week to make that habit.  

Here is the queen bed we chose for him. Hard to find a navy queen bed!
We got the mattress from mattress firm. 
Here are the construction sheets he has on there now.
And this is the quilt set I want to get for him. OBSESSED. I had ordered  Pottery Barn one and it was not navy as it said on the description so I had to go back to the drawing board and I found this one from Serena and Lily. 
To go with these euro shams I grabbed at Target. 





"The guys bring my big boy bed in here."











The bed is low because it doesn't need a box spring and I wanted it to be easy to get in and out of for him.  You know what that means...Mills can easily get on it!  So of course he was on there Sunday night and Monday morning!


Sweet boy is growing right up!



4 comments:

  1. Aww! It’s great that he’s transitioning so smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! That’s great he is transitioning so well’

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! It’s great that he’s transitioning so smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! It’s great that he’s transitioning so smoothly!

    ReplyDelete