Monday, August 13, 2018

Charlotte and Grady is Three Months

First, I cannot thank you all enough for the outpouring of love and support for my friend April and her family!  The community of Charlotte and around this country is amazing.  I saw so many of your names donating to their Go Fund Me and supporting small businesses around Charlotte that are donating their proceeds back to the Robsons.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  

And I must brag on my group of friends.  You guys.  I am so honored to be among my circle.  They are amazing women, friends and mothers.  I won't go into the details of what has gotten done over the last couple of weeks but it's been absolutely amazing.  I can't even talk about it without getting teary.

April began a new Instagram handle to keep everyone updated on sweet Charlotte.  @CharlottesJoy  Feel free to follow along and watch the bravest and strongest Mama ever keep everyone in the loop.  

I was able to visit Princess Charlotte on Saturday night and all three of us singing Twinkle Twinkle to her was a special moment I'll never forget!


-------------------

On Thursday, Grady turned three months old!  I went back this weekend to look at Molly Anne's three month update and I basically could have written the exact same thing about Grady minus a few of the details.  I thought that was wild!  





He's 15 pounds, 3 ounces, size 2 diapers as of this past week, not sure of his length since he hasn't been to the doctor since his 2 month visit.  He is wearing 3-6 month clothes but 6 month pajamas and onesies.  Some of the 3-6 month is getting pretty short on him so he'll probably be moving on up soon.  This boy has some poundage on him!  He weighs 2 more pounds than Molly Anne did at this point and was born 2.5 weeks early!   




This month we traveled up to Maryland to see Nannie and Poppa for a couple of weeks.  You slept the entire car ride except when you were hungry.  You also spent a week with your Nana and Papa G last week and had the best time.  Your first day with Ms. Becky was also this month but you don't start full time until next Monday.  



You learned how to smile this month and are soooo sweet when you do it.  You even giggle a little bit yesterday!  I of course couldn't get you to smile for these pictures.  You're active but not as crazy as your sister was at this age. 



Same things as Molly Anne - you started drooling a lot this past week and you want to suck that thumb - ahh!  You'll sometimes take a paci but we have to hold it in your mouth the whole time so you don't get one too often.  



I say you are my velcro child because you only want to be held in my baby carrier all day long!  That is definitely where you are most happy.  



You're taking 7 ounce bottles every four hours starting at 7am each morning.  So 7am, 11am, 3pm, and 7pm.  You're also still getting up once a night around 3am for another 7 ounces.  You seem hungry (and you finish all of your daytime bottles) so I will continue to feed you in the middle of the night for now.  Your reflux is still terrible and I hope that gets better for you soon.  



Starting your bath these days at 6:30pm and bottle by 7pm and bed by 7:30pm.  Up around 6:30/7am.  




We all love you so much little Grady! 

4 comments:

  1. Keeping April and her family in my prayers every day.

    Grady's expression in that first picture is hysterical! He looks a like he's thinking "WTF Mom?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so very thankful that April has such amazing friends. My heart aches for her family. Grady is such a cutie. It’s funny how he is so like his big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so incredibly happy to see the love and support April and Charlotte and their family have among your group of friends. Sending my love and prayers from Philly.

    Grady is precious and growing so fast! Love the updates.

    ReplyDelete