Friday, July 30, 2010

Averett University

Wellllll, the leek recipe turned out well!  I highly recommend yall try it!  We'll be making it again sometime soon! 

On Wednesday, I had to go up to southern Virginia to look at a few new sites we are possibly going to develop.  I was going through Danville and I thought it would be fun to stop and see where my Mom went to school - Averett College (this is what it was called when she was there, they've since changed it to Averett University!). 
It was so pretty and I was very excited to get to see where she ran around when she was in her 20's.  Dad told me about a spot where she used to go shopping and so of course I had to go by there too.  I imagine it being much different when she was there.

Mom also played tennis for Averett so I scoped out the tennis courts.  I can just see her out there running around being very competitive!
Where did you go to college and have you been back there recently? 

5 comments:

  1. I'm to hear the recipe turned out well! I miss college =( I went to Bates College, and haven't been back since graduation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm clearly a little slow this morning, I meant to say "I'm GLAD to hear.." hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have so much fun being with your Mom and visiting her college. That will be a great weekend. Enjoy!!! Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Your blog is really fun. I am so glad I found it.

    xo Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! I went to Washington College in Maryland and I've been back once since I graduated and it was so neat to see how much it changed in three years. I also recently went to where my Mom went to school - Longwood College in VA and it was fun to hear stories.

    ReplyDelete