Thursday, August 13, 2020

Random Thursday

 We've got all kinds of stuff going on around here this week. 

1.  Molly Anne is back at camp this week and she's loving it.  It's a gym but they also do crafts, games, water play and pajama day is tomorrow.  She has several friends there this week with her and she is zonked every day when she comes home.  It's only 8-12 so I have short days at my office but it's been so good for everyone! ;)

2. I'm back on my room mom duties for Grady's class and things moved quickly this year because his teacher's birthday is today.  So I had to collect money and get everyone on board over the weekend and I grabbed her gift yesterday - a Target gift card of course!  All 9 families are participating and I've never had an entire class be part of it for various reasons so I'm excited!  I am not sure how other room moms do it but over the years this has seemed the most fair for everyone - $10 per family per teacher per event.  So each family gave me $90 at the start of the year...so then for all three teacher's birthdays, Christmas and end of year, they will get a $90 gift card!  Just so happens to work evenly like this with 9 families and 3 teachers/3 events per teacher!  Teacher Appreciation Week in May is always separate.  

3. Molly Anne begins school on Monday and they do a staggered entry for Kindergartners.  So she'll go on Monday in person and all four teachers evaluate them.  Then other children go on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  On Thursday night, they decide based on learning styles, readiness and other reasons who goes in which class.  Monday the 24th will be her first real day of school with her assigned teacher!

4. Speaking of Molly Anne in school - I'm trying to figure out the best place in our house for her to do her remote learning.  I don't want one of those carts rolling around and taking up space.  I've thought about putting a desk in her room but I will need to probably be sitting next to her for a lot of the time and I don't know if that's the best space for that.  Right now, I'm leaning towards the dining room table.  I'd like for her to have a dedicated space that is hers for this. Anyone have any thoughts?

5. It's been a rough couple of weeks dropping Grady off.  He CRIES every time I drop him off.  I knew the 5 months out of school and being attached to my hip was going to create this but it's SO hard.  And he won't lay down on his cot and go to sleep for the teachers either.  He is such a good sleeper but of course has never slept on a cot before!  I know "time" is the only answer to all of this but it's still hard to leave a wailing child every morning!  Pulls on the Mama heart.  

6. Last night we had a little family fun and played out back on the "swing set" for awhile then came in for a mexican dinner.  After dinner we gave the kids popsicles and went for a golf cart ride.  It was fun and a nice way to break up the week!  

I've got about 1800 other things going on but that's what I thought of off the top of my head.  Yall have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment