Monday, August 19, 2024

Maryland Part One - Zoo, West Ocean City and Crabs


I was a little MIA last week! The kids, Mills and I drove up to Maryland last Monday. And today we are driving home. Good times as usual for these long rides. My kids handle them like champs but it's all they've ever known. We pretty much drive the 8 hours every summer. When they were young, it was 10 or 11 hours with all of the stops. Now it's 8.5 usually with one and maybe two stops. But it's always worth it!! Good quality time with my parents in the house I grew up in. Treasured memories for sure!!

We left just before 6am so we got to their house about 2:20pm. The earlier I leave the easier the traffic usually is. When we got there, we basically unpacked and went straight to the zoo to run around after being in the car all day. We took Mom with us of course!





When Dad got home from work, we headed to Lombardis for pizza! The ole classic. Chill time for these two. 




We did a lot of fun things which you'll see in this post and another. Lots of walks and bike rides (I brought the kid's bikes). 


Mom and I took the kids to West Ocean City one of the days so they could ride go-karts and we could have Dumsers ice cream. My old place of employment - yep I served ice cream during the summers. 








Wednesday night we went to Old Mill to pick crabs! They were soooo good and so were the fried shrimp and clams. Molly Anne and Grady were super into cracking open the crab claws. My brother and I used to get a basket of crab claws to mess with and we loved it. Now my kiddos are old enough to do that! 


The good stuff. 








Lots of bike riding. They like that they can roam around the neighborhood by themselves. 


More to come. We had a big adventure on Thursday to the National Aquarium and then Kevin flew up on Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment